It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:10 pm Advanced search

Politics

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 am

On the 1040 tax form it has a line where you calculate the penalty if it's over a certain amount. I know everyone uses software these days, but if you look at the print out or find a paper copy you'll see at the bottom their is an instruction about how and when to calculate a penalty on your taxes.

Anyway, Bill O'Reilly as fired from Faux News. What I find most amazing about it is that it took this long. The NY Times article on the 5 payouts for sexual harassment don't begin to scratch the surface of what has been made public about O'Reilly and the women he's had to pay off the past 20 years. Some of these women have made recordings of phone messages and conversations he had with them and made them public, and they were pretty disturbing. There is a long history of him having to pay money for these accusations and charges to go away. And, in the divorce from his wife, his own daughter apparently testified that she saw him drag his ex-wife down the stairs by her neck (a charge which O'Reilly has steadfastly denied). But, even if you are willing to dismiss the domestic violence charges are unsubstantiated (although there are some pretty good videos out there that show his temper in action which makes me think it not at all unlikely he hit his wife), the various charges by various women that are substantiated by recordings of O'Reilly pretty much make it tough to deny he did what he's accused of. So, while I'm a bit curious why suddenly this blew up on him, I think it's about time. He's disgusting.

I saw that Trump was questioning why the "liberal media" finds O'Reilly so vile. It's going to be fun watching those comments explained by Spicer.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 am

Tone deaf doesn't come close to answering that question about president trainwreck.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 am

I use Turbo Tax Premier to file my taxes. I never look at the printout once all is calculated and confirmed, perhaps to my detriment. I should just arrange for monthly withholding and be done with it....probably not worth the hassle or aggravation of writing one big honker of a check that gets pissed down the gubermint rat hole regardless of when it's received.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 am

The IRS instructions indicate that if you don't want to figure out the penalty, they will do it for you and send you a bill for any fine owed. I have this vague recollection from many years ago of once barely qualifying for such a penalty. I ignored it, figuring they'd bill me, but nothing came of it. But again, I was barely "over the line".
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 am

Dad's post in "Movie" thread reminded me that I saw the UN elected Saudi Arabia to the Women's Rights Commission. That's hilarious. If the US is on that commission, we should send Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly as our envoys so the Saudis don't feel awkward.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:29 am

I doubt they'll feel awkward. I'm sure they're convinced that the rest of the world is out to lunch, not themselves.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:51 am

Maybe, but having Cosby and O'Reilly there should help to validate them.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Blue&White wrote:Dad's post in "Movie" thread reminded me that I saw the UN elected Saudi Arabia to the Women's Rights Commission. That's hilarious. If the US is on that commission, we should send Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly as our envoys so the Saudis don't feel awkward.

You missed the best Bill of all for that commission: CLINTON. He can brag of banging in the oval orifice, a stately consideration for a political post. A Kennedy progeny would be appropriate but they are out of the spotlight until they go on trial, not enough gravitas in the area most important. We have so many politically connected men who have problems in their zipper region there is no problem recruiting for these posts.
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Sure, bring him too. He's another good fit. I didn't think of him as he's not a current event, but your point isn't wrong.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Carl Spackler wrote:
Blue&White wrote:Dad's post in "Movie" thread reminded me that I saw the UN elected Saudi Arabia to the Women's Rights Commission. That's hilarious. If the US is on that commission, we should send Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly as our envoys so the Saudis don't feel awkward.

You missed the best Bill of all for that commission: CLINTON. He can brag of banging in the oval orifice, a stately consideration for a political post. A Kennedy progeny would be appropriate but they are out of the spotlight until they go on trial, not enough gravitas in the area most important. We have so many politically connected men who have problems in their zipper region there is no problem recruiting for these posts.

Banging? I thought it was just a nubbing.
PittGradPSUMad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All