It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:44 am Advanced search

Spam

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Spam

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks. I'll go get it. Thought I got all of it.

We have a bunch of spammers who signed up last year who were just waiting to hit us. And the last few days they have been coming out in force. I've been zapping them as fast as I can but I guess I missed one.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:30 pm

If you want to take break to watch the victory parade for a while, I'll spot you.

Mrs psu_dad: Is that really necessary?
Me: I'm trying to help.

Seriously, no big deal, but I tried to delete an accidental double post yesterday and that feature seemed to be disabled. Is that a temporary result of whatever anti-spam measures you had to take?
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:03 pm

No. You should be able to do it. Maybe it's your board settings? Certain looks don't let you delete posts.

Or, maybe you just screwed it up. That seems likely too. :twisted:
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:00 pm

The Recruiting page, the 2016 subject line as a very odd, suspicious post at the bottom. I did not open it as I was sure it was spam. I saw that it had 9 hits when I saw it. It it is legit, great but I won't open it until I hear from someone who knows the stuff that people try to spread to mess up your computer or steal from you.

I'm, as we type, replacing my security and maintenance software on my desktop unit. Still awaiting my tablet, a delay in shipping has occurred, meaning they sold more than expected and their source needs to find a few more.
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:18 pm

If you're talking about the thread I just zapped that was in Russian or something - yes, that's spam. Don't click on it.

If you're talking about something else, you need to please elaborate because I don't see it. If there is a post with spam I didn't see, can someone please do a "report this post"? That will highlight it to me.

What a frigging pain these spammers are.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:30 am

That's the one. I didn't think Russian till you mentioned it but after hind-site is 20-20, minimum. It looked funny, out of place, like as SAT quesions, which one is not like the others of something of that nature (been 44 years since my SAT adventure).

Russian spammers? Russian mafia now hitting our our board. We can now claim BIG TIME status.

Just checked the NOAA weather status and thirty miles north of our location everyone has 20 inches of snow on the ground. I procured some field corn from the farmer who continues to plant two rows on our property. We have been placing several ears of corn adjacent to our sun room. This morning and tonight I saw a large, probably male, rabbit chowing down, the food sources have dwindled since we fenced off our roses and other landscape plants they love to damage. During the day the birds have a go a the corn. Saw three sets of Male & Female Cardinals, started to boo them when the Mrs. noted there were not affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team and if they had been they would have installed a watch box for cash payments. No other use of this broadcast is allowed!!!!! The Pirates showed a game from the 1960's a week ago on the Pirate channel and it was blocked from our view. This game was played two generations ago so Mr. Pirates GM, do you really think someone was going to steal this rebroadcast. From good will to no will, this is so silly to block it shows the small mindedness of some people.
Carl Spackler

Postby SouthernLion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:37 am

Carl Spackler wrote:Saw three sets of Male & Female Cardinals, started to boo them when the Mrs. noted there were not affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team and if they had been they would have installed a watch box for cash payments.

Thanks for the morning chuckle, Carl. :P

Also, BW, I appreciate your anti-spam diligence on behalf of this illustrious board.
SouthernLion

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:57 am

The Pirates showed a game from the 1960's a week ago on the Pirate channel and it was blocked from our view. This game was played two generations ago so Mr. Pirates GM, do you really think someone was going to steal this rebroadcast. From good will to no will, this is so silly to block it shows the small mindedness of some people.

I have the same problem with Mets broadcasts on SNY (the Mets cable channel). I don't think it's the Pirates GM who is making that call. I think there is something with the broadcast rules MLB sets in its franchise agreements with teams that limit where they can broadcast to. I know it covers regular season and pre-season games. I'm surprised a "classic" game would be impacted, but it probably falls under the same silly rules.

I agree with you on the small mindedness comment, but I think your focusing your anger on the the wrong small mind.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:18 pm

I agree, its the MLB contract that does the stupidity. I can't see a rerun of a game played yesterday since I do not live in the Pittsburgh footprint. If I lived in the footprint I can watch any game, new, old, whatever. Everyone in the footprint is within reasonable driving distance of PNC park and could attend. So, those who are your base ticket buyers get to watch for free, all games shown. But, those outside the footprint, highly unlikely to buy a ticket are totally locked out of watching the game. I'd offered to pay more and DISH turned that down too, MLB contract issues. It is so silly to block out of state fans and provide full, free coverage to those who are the most likely to purchase tickets and take in a game. Shoot yourself in the foot while making sure no one outside your footprint will ever see a game, exception being ESPN, whoever may hold MLB rights to weekend games, Major Media providers and playoffs . So a Pirate fan, from Oct. 1991 or 1992 would not see their team play for years.

B&W? When a game runs long I get to see the end of some Pirate games if I'm paying attention and checkout the channel. On Dish network they don't watch dog the timer as closely. I have been watching a longer game that went to extra innings and the Dish timer allow the signal and finally, after taking so long with no decision I lost the signal on the back end to other programming. Does that happen to you on SNY network?

This is much like the BTN. OSU & UM = Yankees and Red Socks, Braves, Dodgers, etc.

I would like someone to explain this MLB contract and how it "grows the game", etc. improving fan opportunities to watch their fav. teams. I'm sure DISH would sell me a package incl the Pirates faster than crap through a goose as the old-timers say if the contract allowed such an ammenity. So while I was lazy, guillty in naming the GM, I did know that MLB was the culprit in the end. Just finished plowing five inches of new snow and the temps. have elevated all the way up to 11 degrees ABOVE Zero. I stayed relatively warm but that isn't the problem, from now on through tonight and the next several days I'll pay the pain master for jeering him and plowing the snow. Saw my pain Doc. this morning and she is going to make the first change in my pump system, adding a second compound, the one that worked so well in my tests. Not due to Mar. 19th but I'm thrilled to finally have a shot at a great compound and as she says, we are only at the beginning of compounds and mixes, don't despair.
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:21 pm

I honestly don't know if it happens on SNY. I've lived in PA since the fall of 2008 and since the spring of 2009 I've paid for the MLB package so I just watch that. So, I've never actually tried to check to see if I get a game on SNY if it goes late. I'll make it a point to look this year.

What I don't get is why I'm blocked from watching the game on SNY (only Mets game - I can get Yankee games on Yes), but I'm not blocked from getting it on the MLB package. Shouldn't the same rules apply? Or, does MLB do this to force me to buy their package? I suspect it's the latter.

I'd be more annoyed by it if I didn't enjoy watching baseball in general. I really like the package and I get to watch teams play I would never otherwise get to watch. So, at this point, even if they unblock the Mets games on SNY, I think I'd still shell out for the package. I enjoy it that much.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All