It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:12 pm Advanced search

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Peeves...

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: These Are A Few Of My Favorite Peeves...

Postby psu_dad » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:19 pm

How are you possibly ok with that?

Just because I don't have my panties in a twist doesn't mean "I'm OK with it".

The odds of getting bumped on a domestic flight are approximately 1000 to 1. The odds of getting bumped and getting your ass kicked are approximately a bazillion to 1. The vast majority of passengers who are “bumped” are willing volunteers, encouraged by compensation or upgrades. And they don't generally bump families, so my hypothetical cruise will be fine, unless I'm sneaking off to a singles cruise while my wife is visiting her sister. In which case, if I get caught, I'll wish I HAD been bumped.

The media is working people into a froth over a freak occurrence.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm

My panties are fine. It's a slow day.

And, I believe they bumped this guy and his wife. They were together.

Btw, I hate flying and I hate the airlines.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Btw, I hate flying and I hate the airlines.

Yes, I'm picking up that vibe. :lol:
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm not giving United - the corporation a pass - my sympathy lies with the gate agents / crew members who are forced to implement bad policy regarding bumping, incentive limits on getting people to relinquish seats, prioritization of passengers, system for bumping unwilling passengers - those constraints are set by management. Unless it is shown these people did not act in accordance with their training or policy they were simply doing their best to deal with a bad situation not of their making.

And the guy's past doesn't matter when he boards the plane - it does matter when he goes to court to sue claiming he suffered the greatest injury in the history of mankind, it leads to questions about veracity of his dire need to not be bumped and his credibility as to his level of cooperation / resistance with crew and cops before he was forcibly removed. So his past boarding the plane matters just as much as United's customer service record does when you are being given lawful instructions by crew and cops - just because United may have poor customer service doesn't grant you the right to tell the crew and cops to Barack off when they give you a legal command.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm not giving United - the corporation a pass - my sympathy lies with the gate agents / crew members who are forced to implement bad policy regarding bumping, incentive limits on getting people to relinquish seats, prioritization of passengers, system for bumping unwilling passengers - those constraints are set by management.

100% agree on this.

So his past boarding the plane matters just as much as United's customer service record does when you are being given lawful instructions by crew and cops - just because United may have poor customer service doesn't grant you the right to tell the crew and cops to Barack off when they give you a legal command.

Ok, fair enough.

Anyway, I think we've given this topic far more than it's just due.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 pm

B&W, just what type of panties do you wear? Boxers or Briefs or Bikinis or perish the thought, a THONG?
Carl Spackler

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 pm

This, of course, is information that I hope never to know.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:50 pm

And you are going to tell me you don't look at the National Enquirer when standing in the checkout waiting for the person with food stamps and other delaying payment methods incl. writing a check allowing you to read the entire paper and learn of Aliens running the EPA and NASA? Delirious Minds want to know!
Carl Spackler

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:00 pm

NEVER!!! How dare you. I assure you that I didn't read the story about aliens living up Hillary's bum.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Okay, maybe I did read the first paragraph. Or two.
PittGradPSUMad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All