It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:15 am Advanced search

Another school shooting

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Another school shooting

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:50 pm

One thing I saw was our most current psycho had posted somewhere that he was envious of all the attention and fame (really infamy) the shooter in Virginia who shot the two reporters got. And, he apparently thought the way to get even more fame was to kill even more people. There are some seriously twisted people in our society. I don't know how we manufacture people like that, but we seem to be making more and more of them. I guess in a country of over 300 million it only takes a few to go off the rails and do a whole lot of damage. I'm not even sure what you do about that.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:04 pm

psu_dad wrote:
There is pretty strong evidence that lack of social acclimation is tied to gun violence

Perhaps, but there has to be something else going on.

A million years ago when I was in grade school, there were cliques ... jock cliques, rich kid cliques, cool kid cliques, stoner cliques, nerd cliques. And there were a number of kids who didn't seem to "fit in" to any clique. We all knew who they were. They mostly kept to themselves. There was also access to guns. Guns laws were very lax back then. The difference is that the kids who didn't fit in didn't express their anger/frustration by going on shooting rampages. Perhaps they fantasized about it. I don't know. But they didn't actually do it.

I wonder how much the constant publicity the killers get plays into motivations? Maybe we would be better off if there was a policy to never identify the shooters? I am really just guessing.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:27 am

I wonder how much the constant publicity the killers get plays into motivations?

Who knows. Seems plausible, though. If a person feels emotionally overwhelmed by their insignificance, I suppose that's one way to become significant.

The local sheriff in Oregon agrees with your policy suggestion. From what I read, he hasn't used the killer's name and says he won't ever use it. And he wishes the media would do the same. That's not going to happen. The media is going to make this guy a household name. Weeks of ho-hum Hillary email and Middle East reports and now this bombshell drops into their lap. I put on CNN Thursday when the story first broke and Wolf Blitzer could barely contain his erection.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:51 am

I saw a story that this sheriff called the Sandy Hook shootings a "hoax" and posted conspiracy videos that conclude the parents of those children weren't showing enough grief. I wonder how he's going to feel when people show up at his office calling him a fake and a "crises actor" and telling him it never happened and he's making it all up. Karma can be a bitch, I guess.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:18 pm

He posted a link to a youtube video on his Facebook page. Seems odd for someone in law enforcement. Obviously, a hoax of that magnitude couldn't happen without the cooperation of law enforcement officials.

I don't know whether Sheriff Bozo endorsed the view expressed in the video or just found it provocative (he has apparently removed the link). That nonsense is certainly not my cup of tea, but he's an elected official and he didn't post the link anonymously. He posted it on his own Facebook page. If his constituents don't have a problem with that, so be it. If they do, he's probably going to lose his job.

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:34 am

Posting a link is the same as posting the video. And, you don't post something like that unless you are giving it some endorsement. He also added commentary asking people to watch it with an open mind, or words to that effect.

Hey, its his right to post that nonsense. I was just wondering how he's going to feel now that it happens to him. And, you can be sure it will.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:35 am

you don't post something like that unless you are giving it some endorsement

Actually, I've seen links to that video posted in several places, where no endorsement was intended. Just the opposite. Scorn and ridicule was the intent. As I said, I didn't know the context in which he posted the link. As for how he'll feel when the Lunatic Fringe crowd turns on him, I suspect he'll get over it. I doubt he's the brooding, introspective type.

Note to Sheriff Bozo: It's not virtuous to view everything with an open mind. If someone posts a video of their confrontation with Sasquatch, it's OK to view it with a closed mind.

psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:24 am

Obviously someone who posts that video and says "look what these idiots believe" or words to that effect are not promoting the content of the video. But, unless there is a specific statement of intent to ridicule, it's fair to say that sharing that video is the same as promoting it.

And, Sheriff Bozo may very well get an opportunity to reflect on how he feels about his early actions because the conspiracy theories are already starting.

It's astounding to me what people are willing to believe. And the lengths of stupidity they will go to in order to preserve their paranoid views of the world. I was trying to figure out what the dumbest part of this article are. It's a tough call, but I think I settled on this:

Also people who are severely shot won’t die right away giving them time to potentially tackle the shooter.

I don't even know where to begin with that statement. All I will say is this: I rarely wish bad things on people but I hope the asshole who wrote this is killed by a gun shot to the chest and before he dies he has to listen to his killer taunting him for now not trying to tackle him.

Well, maybe I don't wish that but I do wish there is some way for this idiot to appreciate the horror of what those people went through and how awful it is to minimize the grief of their families while you fuel your own paranoid theories.

The Wicked Witch was right: what a world, what a world.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:08 am

BDub, I made the mistake of clicking on the already starting link. What a trainwreck! What rock do these loonies live under? Call me naive, but I still find it hard to understand how people can believe such nonsense. With the political, social and cultural sea change that has occurred in this country, I am seriously considering whether to spend my remaining years as an expatriate. Rhetorical question: have the loonies always been with us or did the anonymity of the internet open a pandora's box that touches the psyche in ways that we can't comprehend?
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:35 am

No idea. I tend to think it is a little of both. We always had these some numbers of these loons but I think the internet gave them the ability to recruit.

There was a story in the last 2 years or so about how some 20 something who lived with his parents was arrested for stealing a memorial marker for the children who were murdered at the Sandy Hook school. He took it from a park and his defense was it never really happened so there shouldn't be a memorial.

Then there was the story of the retired gentleman who found a bunch of kids standing on his front yard that day, scared out of their minds. He took them in, notified the police, and kept them safe for hours until their parents came and found them. He was harassed by loons of all sorts and accused of being a fake and a "crises actor".

Given we have people who are so sick and twisted and lacking in basic human empathy, I suppose it's not a wonder we have so many shootings. I think I read we had over 945 mass shootings so far this year (defined as 4 or more victims). That's like 3 a day or something crazy like that.

What a world, what a world.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All