It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:40 pm Advanced search

Another school shooting

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Another school shooting

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Active shooter situation at OSU. At least one suspect dead. Not clear if he's solo or not. Looks like at least 8 people shot (per initial reports) but no reported fatalities outside of the one shooter.

My niece is a sophomore at OSU so this hits a little close to home for me. She send a note on Facebook saying she's safe so that's a relief, but my sister must be freaking out anyway.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby originalchas » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:48 pm

This awful incident puts into perspective how utterly stupid it is to take our love of a sports team and twist it into a rivalry, criticizing the fans, players, and coaches of other teams. We are all one in this life, we should enjoy it as long as we can.
originalchas

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:22 pm

We apparently need a school knifing thread. Any gun shots heard were those of the police. Eight injured, none seriously, at least for now. The media doesn't need the complete story before reporting it, so this could still change.

I'm also not sure this is about football. This guy is likely just nucking futs.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Managed to speak to my sister and she confirmed my niece is ok. Campus is in lockdown and my ran back to her dorm and is sitting safe in her room. She was walking to class when she saw a panic of people running towards her. Someone said "man with a gun" and she turned and ran to safety".

To Chas' point, I agree. We all get too caught up in our petty rivalries but something awful like this is a reminder of what's important.

Just saw dad's post. Media report I saw said "8 injured" but I just assumed it was a gun as it was under a headline about an "active shooter". Was it a knife only?

and, I never thought it was about football. Some people are just wired wrong.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Apparently, the perp had a knife and was swiping at people. Apparently he didn't say a word, so no motive is known. Apparently no one (but the perp) has serious injuries. And apparently any guns shots heard were the police shooting at the perp.

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:55 pm

I've seen a few reports that at least one person he stabbed is in critical condition, so I wouldn't say no one had serious injuries. But, obviously could have been a whole lot worse.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:58 pm

I wouldn't say no one had serious injuries.

I qualified EVERYTHING I said 30 minutes ago with "apparently". The story is changing by the minute.

psu_dad

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:33 pm

I heard an eyewitness account on the radio and the young lady was saying it started when the guy drove into some people, then he started the knifing. She said he hit a cop with the vehicle. Who knows WTF happened at this point.
Shore Lion

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Local news has all the victims OK but two who are in Fair condition.

Perp was dispached quickly, possibly due to police responding to another alarm not involved with this incident.

The background of the perp is emerging, more of the same.
Carl Spackler

Previous

Return to Free for All