It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:24 am Advanced search

PA AG Kathleen Kane

Talk about everything and anything.

PA AG Kathleen Kane

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Seeing how this board was formed to discuss a school located in Pennsylvania, I thought this was pertinent to many of us. Have you all followed this clown car of a story?

For anyone who has not, the basic story is thus: Kathleen Kane is the PA Attorney General. She was elected, as a democrat, into the position in 2012 (and took office in early 2013). She basically got into a pissing contest with other DAs in southeastern PA (all Democrats, btw). The specifics don't really matter, but she was ultimately accused of, and indicted for, leaking information about grand jury proceedings for the purpose of embarrassing her political opponents (something she has pretty much admitted) and then lying about leaking the information in a subsequent grand jury hearing, so basically she's accused of committing perjury. She has been accused of both perjury and obstruction of justice. In September, the PA Supreme Court suspended her law license, which is a requirement for her job. The PA Senate is now trying to remove her from the office because she is no longer a licensed attorney, a legal requirement.

It's a pretty screwed up situation. She will not resign and is fighting the efforts to remove her because she says she did nothing illegal. She admits leaking information but says that it did not violate any law. I don't know what her defense is to the perjury charge.

Pretty amazing stuff. I don't think I have enough details to have a strong opinion but my gut take on it is that if the Supreme Court felt there was sufficient cause to suspend her license, she should resign or be forced out.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Re: PA AG Kathleen Kane

Postby psu_dad » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Of course that's your gut take. That's because you're a misogynistic stooge of the male oppressor class who fears powerful women.

Me: How am I doing?
Mrs psu_dad: You sound unhinged.
Me: Maybe I have a future as a college professor.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Or as a future presidential candidate.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:57 am

Kathleen Kane was convicted of perjury and obstruction. She is now both a convicted felon and the top law enforcement officer in the Commonwealth. How awesome is that? And, despite her conviction there is still no easy way to remove her from office if she won't resign.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby SouthernLion » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:46 am

I foresee the Presidency in her future.
SouthernLion

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:52 am

Time for her to start donating to the Clinton Foundation so she can line up an administration job. Governor Wolfe (a liberal Dem) has called on her to resign.

And to further get people shaking their heads I believe the case she leaked info on was in to regards to state employees exchanging inappropriate e-mails (politically incorrect joke e-mails). Not even the serious stuff involving the major pay for play issues that go in in PA rampantly.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:12 am

Wolfe called for her to resign the minute she was indicted. They can't just force her out, though. I don't know much about how PA works but I imagine there is am impeachment process where they can force her out of the office. Hopefully she does the right thing and just quits. She's already been disbarred. She's now a felon. I can't imagine she's going to try to hold on. Hopefully she's out of the office before the end of the month (and it really should be by the end of the day).

What a disgrace.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 pm

She is an ass. Public figures should have to resign if they are convicted of a felony. It should be that easy. She is going to drag this out until her term is done. She is a vindictive person who is getting what she deserves. She owes her husband (she is getting a divorce) $1.6 million that she borrowed from him to finance her election campaign.

As I just got done typing this I read that she is resigning. Ding dong the witch is dead!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Public figures should have to resign if they are convicted of a felony.

100% agree. And, I'll go further and say it shouldn't take a resignation. You should automatically lose your office, period.

And, based on your comment I just googled her and see she is resigning effective end of day tomorrow. Good riddance. I have no idea who takes over. It's an elected position so I doubt her top lieutenant just slides in. My guess is Wolfe just appoints someone who sits in until the next election cycle for the job.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:58 am

The NY Times has a poorly written but informative article on the Kane scandal. I had not really followed this thing so all of this was news to me.

This answers the question of who runs the office, too. One of her assistants has basically been running it and will finish up her term, which ends this year. So, probably not point in going through a dog and pony show to name someone new.

Btw, I chuckled some at the discussion of how corrupt PA is in the article. The things they listed are lightweight compared to the crap that goes on in my former state of New Jersey.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Next

Return to Free for All