It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:36 pm Advanced search

PA AG Kathleen Kane

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: PA AG Kathleen Kane

Postby psu_dad » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:17 pm

... investigators were still working on the most lurid aspect of the scandal: a trove of lewd pictures and sexist and racist comments that Ms. Kane discovered when she exhumed emails of her Republican predecessor’s staff.

Exchanging inappropriate email on a government email server. That is a level of stupid that I can't even wrap my mind around.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Kane sentenced to 10 to 23 months which will be followed by 8 years of probation upon her release. She apparently could have gotten between 12 and 24 years so I'm a bit surprised she could serve under 1. Of course, we live in a country where a kid raped someone and got 6 weeks so maybe this isn't so bad. She's lost everything at this point, so probably no real reason to throw her in jail at tax payer expense for a decade.

She was kicked out of office, lost her law license and will serve a prison term of under 2 years and probably closer to 1. She didn't kill anyone, hurt anyone, and there is no property damage. I think the sentence is reasonable. I'm just glad that her being a high ranking elected official didn't prevent her from serving prison time.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:35 pm

I was surprised she got any prison time at all. Completely agree on the tax payer paying for her jail time. Not a fan of us tax payers footing these bills. This was her first offense to. With that being said, this type of sentencing is starting to become common with our crooked politicians!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:13 pm

I really think this is about right. 10 years is ridiculous, but if no one goes to jail no one worries about consequences. Just look at the ongoing white-collar banking crimes in this country. You start sending those people to a federal PMITA prison and I guarantee you that the amount of shenanigans these bankers pull will reduce. With Kane, the next politician that thinks they are above the law may stop and think twice about it.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Why didn't she just tell the judge "I didn't know I couldn't do that." That works with the FBI.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:47 pm

That works for Dave Chapelle's white friend Chip too. One of the funniest comedy bits ever IMHO.
Shore Lion

Previous

Return to Free for All