Movies

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Movies

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Circumcisions, drive through.
Carl Spackler

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Nice Carl...we could call it "Moishe's Brit Milah-and-Go".....or "Mohels For Less". I think we're on to something.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby gmay10 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Blue&White wrote:You can't have hands like a scissor. What do you do on the toilet? !

Squat and shake a lot when you are done
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:10 pm

ANyone watch the show Stranger Things on Netflix?? It is a fantastic show! ET meets Goonies meets Poltergeist meets Steven King
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:27 am

Some friends of mine had a barn built to use as a garage. It's 2 stories and the 2nd floor has been converted into a movie theater. They have a massive screen, a military grade digital projector (literally - they bought it from a military surplus seller for like $1,500 and it probably cost $20,000 when originally purchased, and it's only 3 years old), and they bought some theater seats from a movie theater near Allentown, PA who was adding in those new reclining seats. My friend build some platforms to get some rise in the theater so you are not just looking into the back of someone's head. And then he added a top-end sound system. It's actually really impressive. We watched the Super Bowl there.

They have now started a monthly Friday night movie thing where they screen old movies. On Friday we watched Casablanca. That's the first time I have ever really seen it. I've seen scenes and no some of the famous lines, but I've never really watched the movie before. It really was a great flick. I really enjoyed it. Dad loves to quote the "I'm shocked, shocked, to find there is gambling here" line but what's hilarious is how just then someone comes up to Captain Renault and says "here's your winnings, sir". I'm not sure what is next on the list, but this is going to become a regular thing.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 am

Another classic Captain Renault line occurs when Major Strasser is shot and killed:
"Round up the usual suspects".
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:09 am

Or howsabout:
"....here's looking at you, kid."

"All the gin joints in all the world, she.walks into mine."

"You despise me, don't you Reek?
If I gave you any thought, I probably would."

Great dialogue.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 am

When are they showing Scarface?

And I assume you are arranging for them to play The Big Lebowski when the Sox-Phils play so Dad doesn't have to make two trips
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:59 am

psu_dad wrote:Another classic Captain Renault line occurs when Major Strasser is shot and killed:
"Round up the usual suspects".

The best part of that is it's obvious that Renault and Rick know what happened, and the cops just go along with it. The movie has a lot of really funny scenes that may have been lost on audiences the first time, and that was one of them.

Something else I learned form others who watched with us - Bogey was 5'8" and Rick was over 6'. They gave Bogart boots with 5 inch heels to wear to make him taller. They almost cast Ronald Reagan in the role instead because he had the height. No offense to Reagan the actor but I think that film is ridiculous with him in it. It's impossible to say for certain, but I can't imagine it's nearly as iconic a film with him in it.

Overall, it was a great film. I think The Maltese Falcon is on the list, too, and I'll be doing that one as well.

Lama - I doubt Scarface makes the list, but we actually had a discussion about doing TBL. All the women voted "no".
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 am

That's what you get for giving them a vote. Perhaps you can watch The Way We Were next week. Or Beaches.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All