It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 pm Advanced search

2016 Baseball Season

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: 2016 Baseball Season

Postby SouthernLion » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Phillies' minor league pitcher Sixto Sanchez' 2016 Gulf Coast League stats were recently brought to my attention. Behold, he's 18 yrs old:

11 starts, 54 innings, 0.50 ERA, 0.76 WHIP, 33 hits 44 K's, 8 BB.

Wowza.
SouthernLion

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 am

gmay10 wrote:The next time that dude comes up to the plate he get drilled in the back- END OF STORY!

So, funny story.

Gmay wrote this in response to Asdrubal Cabrera's bat flip after hitting a go-ahead homerun in extra innings against the Phillies late last September. The Mets needed that win to help clinch a wild card spot, and Cabrera celebrated the hit at the expense of Edubray Ramos.

Last night Ramos was pitching the 8th and Cabrera leads off the inning. It's a 2 - 2 game and Ramos throws the ball right over his head. Who does that in a 2 - 2 game in the 8th over something that happened 6 months ago? He missed Cabrera (and later said it was an accident, although I really doubt it). Both benches got warnings, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin was tossed for complaining about it, and Ramos ended up walking Cabrera. Two batters later Jay Bruce slammed his 2nd homerun of the night which gave the Mets the lead and ultimately the win.

What a weird thing to do.

Ok, back to 2017 baseball!
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:43 am

Phils had chance to knock DeGrom out early - in the first they ended inning on a bases loaded DP and in the 3rd got no runs with a 2nd and 3rd one out. After that DeGrom settled in and shut Phils down.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby gmay10 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:02 am

Blue&White wrote:
gmay10 wrote:The next time that dude comes up to the plate he get drilled in the back- END OF STORY!

So, funny story.

Gmay wrote this in response to Asdrubal Cabrera's bat flip after hitting a go-ahead homerun in extra innings against the Phillies late last September. The Mets needed that win to help clinch a wild card spot, and Cabrera celebrated the hit at the expense of Edubray Ramos.

Last night Ramos was pitching the 8th and Cabrera leads off the inning. It's a 2 - 2 game and Ramos throws the ball right over his head. Who does that in a 2 - 2 game in the 8th over something that happened 6 months ago? He missed Cabrera (and later said it was an accident, although I really doubt it). Both benches got warnings, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin was tossed for complaining about it, and Ramos ended up walking Cabrera. Two batters later Jay Bruce slammed his 2nd homerun of the night which gave the Mets the lead and ultimately the win.

What a weird thing to do.

Ok, back to 2017 baseball!

I knew you would bring this up and I am ready for the task. He was NOT drilled the first time he was up. He was drilled in the 8th inning during a 2-2 game. That is is absolute DUMBEST time to drill someone unless you are up or down by 5 runs. Ramos needs to use his knoggin. Plus, he did walk the guy so it wasn't like he was hit by the pitch. This Phils team is young and hopefully the coach uses this as a teaching moment. There will be other time Ramos will be able to drill Cabrera in the next 5 months 8-)
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:10 am

He wasn't drilled at all. Ramos threw over his head and Cabrera barked at him and then both benches started to stir. I was driving home and listening to the game and the Mets radio announcers said the tension went from 0 to 60 instantly. No one saw it coming. And, you're right - it was the dumbest thing to do given it was a tie game in the 8th. Ramos seemed rattled by the warnings (because if he came inside again and the umpire inferred intent, he was gone) and then he walked him and cost the Phillies the game.

The whole thing just made no sense. If I were a member of the Phillies, I'd be pretty annoyed with Ramos over that stupidity.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 am

Blue&White wrote:He wasn't drilled at all. Ramos threw over his head and Cabrera barked at him and then both benches started to stir. I was driving home and listening to the game and the Mets radio announcers said the tension went from 0 to 60 instantly. No one saw it coming. And, you're right - it was the dumbest thing to do given it was a tie game in the 8th. Ramos seemed rattled by the warnings (because if he came inside again and the umpire inferred intent, he was gone) and then he walked him and cost the Phillies the game.

The whole thing just made no sense. If I were a member of the Phillies, I'd be pretty annoyed with Ramos over that stupidity.

Sorry, I mistyped. He wasn't drilled but Ramos tried to drill him. It was still a stupid time to drill someone
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:20 am

We are in agreement. He is a moron and possibly cost his team a win.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:21 am

Also, I love that John Kruk is now announcing for the Phils!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Kruk fits right in with the look of most of today's baseball players. A scruffy dirtball. Honest to God, these guys with some of their beards and the hair look homeless. Jayson Werth looks like he lives under a tarp by an interstate on-ramp!

What I can't figure out is why the Orioles are "so surprising" according to these articles I read. I mean I know it's early in the season but it's not like they've been a team wandering in the wilderness for years. In fact, through last night's games, they have the 4th most wins in baseball since the start of the 2012 season. In Buck We Trust!
Shore Lion

Postby Ragnar03 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:02 am

Kruk fits right in with the look of most of today's baseball players. A scruffy dirtball. Honest to God, these guys with some of their beards and the transfers CDG hair look homeless. Jayson Werth looks like he lives under a tarp by an interstate on-ramp!

What I can't figure out is why the Orioles are "so surprising" according to these articles I read. I mean I know it's early in the season but it's not like they've been a team wandering in the wilderness for years. In fact, through last night's games, they have the 4th most wins in baseball since the start of the 2012 season. In Buck We Trust!

The best season ever
Ragnar03

Previous

Return to Free for All