It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:46 pm Advanced search

2016 NFL Season

Talk about everything and anything.

2016 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:09 pm

didn't feel right posting NFL news in last season's thread so starting a new one.

Anyway, just got a CBS blast to my phone: Browns traded the no. 2 pick to the Eagles for 5 picks, including the Eagles no. 8 pick in the first round.

I bet the Eagles take Ricky Williams and then go home early.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Re: 2016 NFL Season

Postby psudelco » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:29 pm

They better hope Wentz is the next great QB otherwise they're screwed. This team has many other holes to fill and now they're left with just #2 pick and a 3rd rounder no 4th round a couple late picks. Think I'm going to start drinking now could be a long season
psudelco

Postby gmay10 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:11 am

I saw this last night. I am so mixed on this one. Getting a stud QB can completely change an organization for a decade- see Chargers, New Orleans, Indianapolis, New England, Green Bay, and some could say the Giants. I am sure I missed a few. But if you don't have that stud QB you need to have a stellar defense- See Ravens when Dilfer was at the helm. This year with Peyton Manning too.

I think the Eagles are in a better position that people think. Chip came in and his offense was horrific. Guys were burnt out and I think not motivated to do squat. We have some really good players at key positions. Fine at RB and our Oline is getting better. The WR will be better too. The defensive line is going to be in beast mode. The linebacking core is a little lackluster so that will be of some concern. The secondary should be better than last year too. I am not a fan that they gave up their first pick next year. Only time will tell. I am excited about this team! I think they are going to surprise people this year with Jip Kelly gone
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:26 am

and some could say the Giants.

That's the team who drafted Eli Manning and won two Super Bowl's with him, right? I'm not sure because, the way you phrased that, it makes it seem like there is some doubt if drafting Eli was a good move.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:34 am

I'm picking up what you are putting down! He has been a QB who has possibly had the most up and down career ever, but he brought 2 Championship to the Big Granny Smith
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 pm

He's had a weird career, no doubt. But, he's got two championships under his belt so I can deal with the weirdness. I think Eli is a little better than his overall record, personally. Having watched him week in and week out for over 10 years, I think I can honestly say that he's better than some of the teams he's been on. He's a very good QB. But, he's not a great QB. He's not the guy who makes a team better than it is. John Elway could win a game almost single handedly. Tom Brady may not make any team a winner but I think any team with Tom Brady on it will be competitive and will win more than it loses. He needs the right cast, and coach, to win it all but he has so much talent he just elevates a team. Peyton Manning was like that too - as long as it wasn't the post season. With Eli, he needs the guys around him to really shine. That's the difference.

No shame in that, though. There are very few players in history who are good enough to just elevate everyone else. I'm happy to have a guy who is at the top of the next tier.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psudelco » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Eagles RB's are Matthews whos hurt and Sproles whos small and getting up there, OL was reinforced by FA's but Peters is no spring chicken and had a bad year last year. DL so long as Cox gets his deal should be good for a few years, LB's not sure, Hicks was good before he got hurt and he was hurt all through college too. Kendricks is a ? don't know enough about Bridham. CB's haven't been good since Brown and Sheppard, we'll see about Rowe, Jenkins is a player we'll see about McLeod who they signed in the offseason. WR's I like Matthews and Agholor but Huff seems like a speed guy only and Randle didn't exactly step up w/o Cruz there for the Gmen
psudelco

Postby gmay10 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:06 pm

The Eagles MUST draft a RB this year or just never use one in the game
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:03 am

Redskins just picked up Josh Normal for 75 million for 5 years. He is 28 years old and we can see Beckham Jr. and Norman battle twice a year= NFL wins.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:10 pm

I was reading about this. Panthers seem to have a Moneyball approach to things. They put a maximum value on a position and even were willing to exceed it for Norman and offered him $11M/year. Norman refused and told them he felt he could get $15M on the open market and the Panthers surprised him and said "ok, best of luck to you", lifted the franchise tag and sent him on his merry way. Seems he was caught completely off guard.

Regarding Beckham Jr. and him, we will see. Norman was a punk but Beckham really embarrassed himself after the initial late contact. Hopefully he grows up some this offseason.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Next

Return to Free for All