It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:13 am Advanced search

2016 NFL Season

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: 2016 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:51 pm

I read the article the post. I think they are jumping to a lot of conclusions here. The "evidence" seems shakey to me, but I guess we will find out.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Use Ebay- you'll make more on that bat
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 am

The allegations against Eli and others in the Giants organization looks like it may have legs. I heard on the radio on my drive in that there are other Giants employees being implicated in this thing. I can understand equipment managers, who probably don't make all that much, maybe lifting stuff and selling it - even lying about it's use - but a guy who makes the money Eli makes? Why would he create a headache for himself like that?

The whole thing is so stupid I'm reserving judgment, but the first glance of it doesn't look great. Oh well. I suspect the Giants are going to cut a check to make this all go away, and before the season starts, so they don't have to deal with it. The strategy is probably going to be "get it off the back page as quickly as possible".

As a side note - who are these grown men shelling out hundreds or thousands of dollars for a helmet because a football player wore it in a game? Dot hey all live in their parents' basements? How pathetic is that? And, how do you have authenticate the thing? How can you ever prove to anyone else it was really worn in a game? dad commented yesterday about the FBI saying most of the memorabilia out there is fake. I don't doubt it. How can you ever prove otherwise? I just don't get the whole thing.

I own exactly one piece of sports memorabilia: it's an autographed football from Giants offensive lineman Justin Pugh, who was a first round pick out of Syracuse. And, the only reason I have it is because he is from the town I live in, grew up a mile or so away from me, and his mother was the 6th grade teacher for both my sons. I sent my youngest son in with the football and a sharpie a few years ago when Pugh visited the classroom so he could get the autograph. And, I just did it because I thought it was cool he was coming in to talk to the kids. He does it every year. I've not met him personally, but from what I know about him, he's a great guy. But, my interest is due to a quasi-personal connection. Otherwise, I don't get it.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby reincarnatedlama » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:54 am

Look at it this way - if people have that kind of money to throw at "authentic" sports memorabilia or pay nutty sums for "meet and greets" at concerts for pop artists than the economy has to be pretty healthy.

I was in Key West for St. Patty's and there was a store selling signed album covers from long past their day artists for $300 -1000. A Gene Simmons signed guitars were going $12-20M. I don't even want to tell you what memorabilia from the creator of Felix the Cat was going for - or stuff from his kid.

If the economy tanks this stuff loses value faster than an out of shape, injury prone, aging power hitter you just signed to an high dollar multi year deal.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 am

Aaron Hernandez killed himself in prison. He seemed like an awful person so, whatever, good riddance.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 am

I heard this just before getting to work. ESPN radio had the whole somber vibe going on and I was thinking why do we care?
LioninVa

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 am

This is disturbing at several levels....disturbing to me because I agree with the sentiments expressed by Lion and BDub. Also disturbing because here was a person who could have had a great life....celebrity, money and the opportunity to do something positive in life after football. Instead, he chose to become a twisted sociopath with no apparent regard for humanity, including his own. What drove him to such twisted depths....a less than stellar upbringing, perhaps, but no excuses. He made choices...really bad choices...for reasons that will baffle me no matter how I try to understand the darkness that lurks alongside the better angels of our nature.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am

My better angel is Michael. Archangels rock. Most of the other angels are weenies.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby gmay10 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:40 am

Complete tragedy IMO. I want to say good riddance but this guy crushed a lot of families with his selfishness. He has a 4 year old daughter. The irony is that the Patriots are heading to the White House today
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:53 am

I'm not really sure that is irony, but whatever.

As the substitute teacher Mr. Garvey would say, "ya done messed up A A Ron!". (look it up on youtube if you haven't seen it, hilarious)
Shore Lion

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All