It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:45 am Advanced search

2016 NFL Season

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: 2016 NFL Season

Postby LioninVa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Saturday is a great idea, for both, llama! Of course, working on a military base the gate traffic was light today since most places start a little later after the big game. Not my command, of course!
LioninVa

Postby psu_dad » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:34 am

For Nat,

Mrs psu_dad: Was that really necessary?
Me: I'm just trying to be helpful.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:40 pm

The Vikings have refused the 2017 option on Adrian Peterson, making him a free agent. There was some talk a few weeks ago in NYC media anticipating this and speculating the Giants may try to sign him. If they can get him cheap enough, I think he's worth a flier but I doubt he has a whole lot left in the tank at this point. But, the Giants running game has been awful. A washed up Adrian Peterson is probably still an improvement over Rashad Jennings.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:47 pm

It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter what I think. It only matters what Francesa thinks.

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Only for 10 more months. He retires end of the year.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:18 pm

In 2012, Mike Francesa was ranked No. 1 of the 100 most important sports talk radio hosts in America by Talkers Magazine.

So ... among the group of people that are arguably the Least Important People on the Planet, he's the most important.

psu_dad

Postby gmay10 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:25 pm

The Eagles are adding some weapons to their poopy WR core!!

Screw Brandon Marshall Bdub!! I cannot wait to see him and Beckham implode together!!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby psu_dad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:31 pm

The Houston Texans were bailed out of one of the biggest free-agent mistakes in recent NFL history Thursday when they traded quarterback Brock Osweiler and his guaranteed $16 million to the Cleveland Browns. The Browns are taking on Osweiler's guaranteed money and the Texans will save $10 million against their cap this season, all for essentially the price of a 2018 second-round pick.

Ay carumba. It must be really fun to be a Browns fan.

psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Giants signed TE Rhett Ellison to a 4 year deal. Their offense should be much improved.

As for Marshall, I have no idea what he has left in the tank. Getting released by the Jets isn't the kind of thing that looks good on your resume. But, I suspect that he's got enough left to make it as a solid 3rd WR. Doesn't matter, though. Unless they do something to sure up the left side of their offensive line, the Giants are not going to be more than a 1 round playoff team.

dad - I saw that on the Browns and Osweiler. I've never actually felt bad for the fans of another team before, but now I do. Ouch.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby reincarnatedlama » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 am

Well the Bears through insane money at Mike Glennon so Browns fans aren't really alone.

B&W - take getting released by Jets with a shrug - they are clearly rebuilding and let go Mangold, Revis, Marshal, Fitzpatrick - all older guys that cost too much if you're an Emmerty team that isn't going anywhere. You may be pleasantly surprised here.

And Hackenberg's nightmare that started when BO'B left that dipped further when he got drafted by Jets is just getting worse. He will have noting around him but opponents jerseys next pre-season.

So it looks like Texans will be in the Romo market or overpay for Garafalo and Pats will be middle round draft pick rich.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All