It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:39 pm Advanced search

2016 NFL Season

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: 2016 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 am

I think the Texans are going to trade for McGloin, make him the starter, and shock the world with an undefeated season and a Super Bowl win.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby reincarnatedlama » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am

If that happens I will put on my PSU #11 jersey drive and RV to the SB - it will be filled with 40s, hot dogs, turkey burgers and Ketchup and any interested nf.com member is welcome to hop aboard.

I'll even have a baker custom make some Danish Go Rounds for me a Dad.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:54 am

Amsterdam Vallon: Suppose you back an Irish candidate of my choosing and I deliver all the Irish vote?
Boss Tweed: That will only happen in the reign of Queen Dick.
Amsterdam Vallon: < confused look >
Boss Tweed: That means it will never happen.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby gmay10 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Blue&White wrote:Giants signed TE Rhett Ellison to a 4 year deal. Their offense should be much improved.

As for Marshall, I have no idea what he has left in the tank. Getting released by the Jets isn't the kind of thing that looks good on your resume. But, I suspect that he's got enough left to make it as a solid 3rd WR. Doesn't matter, though. Unless they do something to sure up the left side of their offensive line, the Giants are not going to be more than a 1 round playoff team.

dad - I saw that on the Browns and Osweiler. I've never actually felt bad for the fans of another team before, but now I do. Ouch.

Marshall is a beast and will be on the field more than you think. He is a bit of a head case but if you put the ball in the air to him he will catch it for the most part. I had him on my fantasy football team the last 2 years and he reminds me of TO but he is a little more athletic.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Turns out the Browns immediately cut Osweiller. His buyout was like a million.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I read somewhere that the Texans would take a big cap space hit if they cut Osweiller themselves. But the Browns supposedly have a ton of cap space. Were the Browns essentially "trading" some of their surplus cap space for a draft pick from the Texans?

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Sure looks like it.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm

It was probably only a matter of time before someone figured out how to use cap space as a commodity.

psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:47 pm

And you knew it was either going to be the Patriots or a team that had people from the Patriots. This is the type of stuff Belichick does so well; read the rule book and understand exactly what it says you can and can't do and find the margins of those rules.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Well, Belichick was a pre-Law major at Amherst College.

Mrs psu_dad: I thought he was pre-Med?
Me: What's the difference?

psu_dad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All