It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:39 pm Advanced search

2016 NFL Season

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: 2016 NFL Season

Postby gmay10 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:35 pm

I don't know if Osweiler was cut yet. There are reports that could happen but I haven't seen that he was cut. Do you know something I don't--Fake news
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Do you know something I don't

Absolutely. Many things. But, possibly not in this instance.

I had heard a story that he was cut already, but perhaps it has not happened yet. I think there is a date by which it has to happen and that may not yet be here, but everything I read was that the plan was to cut him.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Whoever holds Osweiller's contract has a cap space hit of 16M for 2017, whether or not they cut him before then. When the Browns took on Osweiller's contract, the cap space hit shifted from the Texans to the Browns. That's obviously why the Texans threw in the draft picks.

My guess is the Browns try to trade him (for peanuts, if necessary). And if they can't, they cut him. They're in re-building mode. They not winning the SB in 2017. And they have cap space to burn. They basically traded 2017 cap space they weren't going to use for draft picks.

The alternative is that they actually LIKE Osweiller and think the contract is fine. That is too scary to contemplate.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 am

Tony Romo is retiring.

Man, I'm glad that's over.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 am

Got that right! I was afraid Washington was considering taking him.

The best one liner I hear said Romo was never the same after the hysterectomy.
LioninVa

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:12 am

Surprised people aren't all over this news - Matt McGloin is an Eagle.

End of pre-season game with Jets could be a McGloin - Hack showdown
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Reports out of the NY tabloids that there is a "smoking gun" email that proves Eli Manning was selling fake sports memorabilia.

That certainly doesn't sound good. And, why would a multimillionaire get involved selling fake sports memorabilia? The allegation is he gave the guy helmets that were supposed to be "game used" but were not. Seems like a really stupid thing to get caught up in, but what do I know?
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Years ago, I read an article about the FBI's involvement with sports memorabilia. They (the FBI) believe that at least half the stuff sold that is signed and/or alleged to have been game-worn is counterfeit. And they claim having an item "authenticated" by one of the "experts" who provides this service means squat.

I'm not shocked to discover an athlete involved in this, but I figured it would be an ex-player who needed the money, not an active player making monster money.

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:39 pm

I read some quotes of texts between Manning and his agent and team equipment manager - it actually looked to me like Manning was requesting legit stuff unless you in with presumption he is engaging in fraud - he asks for stuff "that could pass as game worn". You can take that one of two ways.

I agree on point, Manning makes plenty via salary and endorsements - this seems like a big risk for what amounts to peanuts.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby psu_dad » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:45 pm

When I was in Little League, I hit a bases-clearing double in the last game of the season to help my team tie for the pennant. If I ever find that bat, I'm going to be rich. I just can't decide whether to consign it to Christies or Sotheby's.

psu_dad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All