It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:22 am Advanced search

I do not objectify women

Talk about everything and anything.

I do not objectify women

Postby originalchas » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:05 pm

I want to go on record as stating I do not now, nor have I ever, objectify women with careless/mean spirited/sexual/locker room/hurtful comments. Except-

1. That time I was playing basketball and cute red haired Nancy walked by.
2. That time I was having breakfast and that hot waitress was serving us.
3. That time my friends and I went to a bachelor party at that DC strip club.
4. That time, oh never mind
originalchas

Re: I do not objectify women

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:27 pm

The notion that men shouldn't objectify women sexually is, of course, preposterous. If (most) men weren't biologically predisposed to think of women as the objects of their sexual desire, the species wouldn't have survived.

The problem is with men who can't reconcile that with the requirements of an orderly society. If an attractive female you meet or who passes by gives you carnal thoughts, just keep those thoughts (and your paws) to yourself and all will be fine.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:59 pm

And let's not forget that much of our advertising, fashion, beauty care, cosmetic surgery and entertainment industries count on, promote and exploit this for profit.

It is beyond comical that anyone in the entertainment or advertising industry would even pretend to be offended by the fact this exists (and let's be honest, sexual objectification occurs in both men and women) they count on it. Our economy counts on it.

The platform Hillary is running on is hypocrisy.

Liberal progressives have wrecked our economy, our borders, comedy (can't joke about anything without offending someone), sports (participation trophies) and now they are ruining sex. I have no doubt a liberal progressive came up with non-alcoholic beer. They are miserable people and if they can't have fun - no one can have fun.
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:19 pm

I'm not touching most of this. My only comment is that what Trump said was not objectifying women. He was describing how he assaults them. The supposed comment that he purchased the Miss Universe contest so he could see them naked in the dressing room was a giant eye roll for most people. Women may not have liked it but any guy total gets that. Is it a nice thing to admit doing? Probably not but all men have some of that in them. Going up and just groping women, however, is a different story altogether. That crosses the line beyond objectification. It's a crime. And, his comments were bragging about it. It was beyond locker room talk. I've been in a lot of locker rooms. Comments about a specific woman's physical attributes or how she looks in a specific outfit is expected. Comments about how you went up, uninvited, and grabbed her genitals is a totally different ballgame.

And, to his comments that when you're famous they let you get away with it, the contrary is if he wasn't rich and famous and did that, he'd probably be charged with a crime.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:30 pm

I pretty much agree and/or understand what is being said here. The only one I disagree with is Lama's final point. I know many liberal/progressives and many conservatives. The problems are that most of us don't really fit into either category and those that do are hell bent on blaming the other for our current situation. If these clowns in DC (maybe that's who has been creeping out neighborhoods recently?) would just do their jobs and compromise rather than fill bills with pork or something that insures a failed vote, we might not be in this mess.

Just my two cents...
LioninVa

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:31 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump were lying about what he claimed "women let me get away with because I rich and famous".
That's what Trump does - he tells immature, bragging lies because he thinks it impresses whoever he is talking to at the moment. And because he has the personality and maturity of an insecure 15 year old you get exactly those type of comments. Problem is Trump is still doing at age 70.

I have almost zero sympathy for Trump - he certainly deserves every bit of condemnation he gets. The only aspect of this that bothers me is the hypocrisy of his detractors in the media and celebrity world who have all engaged in the same behavior (or worse) and have largely given a pass to the Clintons who are far worse human beings than even Trump.
I mean Arnold Schwarzeneggar pulling support from Trump because of his history for poor treatment of women - man come on.
reincarnatedlama

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:32 pm

I've been in a lot of locker rooms.

Yes, I remember you said you prefer young vibrant scrotums to old wrinkly scrotums.

Mrs psu_dad: That's not what he said.
Me: Perhaps I misunderstood.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:35 pm

LioninVa - the last paragraph in that post was largely satire and would be primarily directed at the high profile people and academics in the PC movement.

I find it borderline comical that the same people who denounced conservatives and Christians for tying to "force" and legislate their morals on others have in effect formed goon squads that seek to destroy anyone not in lock step with the PC mantra.
reincarnatedlama

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:41 pm

"LOCK HIM UP....LOCK HIM UP!"

Kidding.

I think.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:42 pm

reincarnatedlama wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Trump were lying about what he claimed "women let me get away with because I rich and famous".
That's what Trump does - he tells immature, bragging lies because he thinks it impresses whoever he is talking to at the moment. And because he has the personality and maturity of an insecure 15 year old you get exactly those type of comments. Problem is Trump is still doing at age 70.

I have almost zero sympathy for Trump - he certainly deserves every bit of condemnation he gets. The only aspect of this that bothers me is the hypocrisy of his detractors in the media and celebrity world who have all engaged in the same behavior (or worse) and have largely given a pass to the Clintons who are far worse human beings than even Trump.
I mean Arnold Schwarzeneggar pulling support from Trump because of his history for poor treatment of women - man come on.

I have no idea if he made this stuff up or not. I saw something over the weekend that he has been accused of groping women in the past and has had sexual assault complaints raised and dismissed. If I had to put money on it, I'd bet that he was not making it up and he did exactly what he said he did. And, I'd equally bet he's not wrong about Bill Clinton. But, unfortunately for him, Bill Clinton is not running for President. And, he also wasn't stupid enough to say it where someone had a microphone recording his words. Thems the breaks, I guess. Regarding people like Ahnold, as far as I know he only cheated on his wife and didn't sexually assault anyone, but I honestly don't pay that much attention to the goings on of the beautiful people. I generally do not care what they do. If you want to make the argument that he's as immoral as Trump is and looks like a total hypocrite, I think that is probably accurate.

As for the general hypocrisy comment, people hate him. I think this news is more than fair game, but it's amazing to me how it knocked the wikileaks stuff almost completely out of the news cycle. I realize that there are serious questions about the veracity of what was released and how much of it may have been manufactured, but the whole thing was barely talked about at all. Assange screwed up showing his hand over the summer. He made a public statement that he had more on Clinton and would release it in October, close to the election. I have little doubt that someone was sitting on this Trump recording for sometime and I doubt the timing of when it was handed over to WaPo was any kind of coincidence. What can I say, the Clinton's play hard ball and they are better at this game than Trump is. Bill is probably the slickest politician of his generation. He is a master and I think he is absolutely behind this. And, I think they are both vile sociopaths but she knows how to play to polite company and Trump does not.

It is what it is, and what it is is over. He was about 5 points behind her prior to this weekend. Now he's behind by double digits. There is just about no way he can win.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Next

Return to Free for All