It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:02 pm Advanced search

I do not objectify women

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: I do not objectify women

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:35 am

And now I'm reading that the email in question was written in 2012.....WTF??? Should I be concerned that the note passed to me in eighth grade algebra asking if I'd noticed how big so-and-so's...umh....you know....bazooms had gotten will surface and bring about my long-past-due destruction?

We're all goin' to hell, boys, and soon!... ("but you don't believe in hell," say the voices in my head. "Only when it's convenient," I reply).
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:35 am

I'd like to see some evidence to support that.

Evidence isn't required in the Church of Political Correctness. Like any other religion, it operates on faith. You either accept these things as being true, or you'll be driven from the temple.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:53 am

1. Whether or not they were demand is subjective.
2. The girls didn't know about this until Harvard made it public. Any demeaning was the result of other people putting it in public.
3. The idea that it's perfectly ok to discuss it but writing it down crosses some magic line is absurd.
4. What demean women is the idea they need to be protected by men because they are too weak to defend themselves against insults and sexual banter.
5. This has always been the world we live in.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:02 am

Blue&White wrote:1. Whether or not they were demand is subjective.
2. The girls didn't know about this until Harvard made it public. Any demeaning was the result of other people putting it in public.
3. The idea that it's perfectly ok to discuss it but writing it down crosses some magic line is absurd. We will agree to disagree on this one. There are a bunch of things I say on the golf course but I would never write them down in an email. There are a ton of times my friends and I talk about how hot someone is but we would never write it down and send it through email.
4. What demean women is the idea they need to be protected by men because they are too weak to defend themselves against insults and sexual banter. It is fact that our society has a double standard for men and women. They don't get paid as much in the work force. I have already started to teach my daughter, who is 6, that she is going to have to battle a litter harder in life because she is a girl.
5. This has always been the world we live in.
Just because it happened in the past doesn't it should continue. We use to have slavery- that was the world we lived in.

I am heading out to harvest a bunch of hot peppers. I am going to ferment them for a few months and then try to make a red hot sauce. I will send BDub a jar from the batch 8-)
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:09 am

So you're a better person than someone who writes it down because you only say it? Does that make you a worse person than someone who only thinks it but never verbalizes it? And, who gets to decide this pecking order?

The logic here is completely absurd. It makes zero sense.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:10 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/28/campus-reeling-details-emerge-accused-rapist-alec-cook-facing-felony-charges/92882528/

Another example of why society needs to change the way it views woman. This douche raped multiple women but they were afraid to tell police because of the way our society treats our rape victims.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:19 am

Blue&White wrote:So you're a better person than someone who writes it down because you only say it? Does that make you a worse person than someone who only thinks it but never verbalizes it? And, who gets to decide this pecking order?

No, I am smart enough to know that writing it down could lead to my demise. I have no problems if these dudes are sitting around a table, drinking beer and rating girls. I am sure that girls have done the same thing boys. Once you start to document those statements that changes everything. Another example of talking verses writing it down would be jokes about race. Most people listen to jokes about race and laugh. But they would never write them on their Facebook page because people would get pissed.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby psu_dad » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:22 am

I just 'splained that. It's not logic. It's dogma. Stop trying to make sense of it or you'll turn your brain into a pretzel.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:27 am

My wife and I went into New York yesterday and saw a matinee of Avenue Q. If you've not seen it, it's a quasi puppet show with adult language and humor. We really enjoyed it.

The problem was it took shots at women, gays, minorities and Gary Coleman. And, it was not only discussed but it was written down, passed around, andost likely gasp! recorded at some point.

Someone needs to alert Harvard so they can get on the case and put an end to this indecency. Today it's a foul mouthed puppet show, but that's the first step to Nazism!
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:34 am

And, perhaps, you should be investigated for attending. And those foul-mouthed puppets should be arrested, tried, convicted and punished. ! I'm shocked! Shocked!
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All