It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:52 pm Advanced search

Random Thoughts

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 pm

A 26 yo driver plowed his car into a bunch of pedestrians in Time Square a few hours ago. It looks like he was drunk or somehow impaired. Doesn't seem like it was a purposeful act. I'm in New York today working, maybe a 1/2 mile from it, if even that far, and I had no idea until 2 minutes ago when someone IMed me and asked if I was ok. I had no idea what they were talking about.

Guess I'm better off.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu May 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Our son and daughter in law live in that area but I'm sure were at work and hopefully not on the street at that time. Now I'll have to try to verify they are OK. Thanks for posting.
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Sorry if I added any stress to you. Please let us know once you validate they are fine.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu May 18, 2017 5:46 pm

While I suspected they were not in harm's way it did make me pause.

Nicole reported in, she is fine, still at work at the law firm and our Son is in Vancouver BC on business so he is quite a distance from the mess.

Again, thanks for posting. You never know where or when something like this may impact you.
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Glad your kids are ok and accounted for. I went out for drinks and dinner with my boss and we had some problems getting around as streets were still closed at 7. The guy who did this is lucky he wasn't pulled from his car, post crash, and beaten to death. There certainly would have been justice in that.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Chris Cornell passed away today! He decided to end his life. I will never get this concept as we have chatted about this recently. WTF! Here is an awesome acoustic concert that he performed in Sweden. It is brilliant. It is played in my house almost once a week when we are cleaning. There is no swearing in it so you can enjoy it anywhere! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Qjk9LqDvw
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 pm

I've been stunned by this all day. Guy had the world by the balls, or so it appeared. I guess you never really know what demons people are battling.

Btw, go find his acoustic cover of Nothing Compares 2 U. It is amazing.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Nothing Compares 2 U was written by Prince. Go figure

And, the last song he sang was a Led Zeppelin song- In My Time of Dying. Check out the lyrics- very telling.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Fri May 19, 2017 6:47 am

Prince wrote a lot of famous songs for other people. Manic Monday by the Bangles is also a Prince song. Guy was immensely talented. Weird beyond description, but immensely talented.

As for Cornell, I was reading some stuff on the train ride home last night. Seems a few people are saying he didn't seem right and something was off, but I doubt anyone thought he was suicidal. Depression can be a serious problem. A guy like that, who has it all, doesn't see a reason to live. Hard to fathom or understand.

Anyway, here is his haunting version of Nothing Compares 2 U.

And, here is a pretty interesting version of One. I thought that was pretty impressive. I couldn't sing the lyrics of one song to the tune of another like that. Not the way he does it. But, overall, I thought that was very cool.

Listening to that version of One again, it almost seems prophetic. Sad.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Fri May 19, 2017 7:04 am

WOW! Incredible combination, to say the least. I was never a big grunge follower, but this cat was special to say the least.

The comments section aren't as powerful as this song, but they are worth a read through.

I would never have seen this if you didn't post it. Thanks, B-Dub!
LioninVa

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All