It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:15 am Advanced search

Random Thoughts

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby gmay10 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:02 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:Despite my misgivings, Mrs. Mad placed a spotlight near the sidewalk so that it shines on her stupid fake deer at night. My snowblower just ate the damn thing and smashed it unto little pieces. She believes I did it on purpose.Yeah, sure..... like I can see through eighteen inches of snow. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't smile after I saw what happened. And the war continues.

That is hilarious!!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby psu_dad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:09 pm

I bought some some 3' bamboo stakes from Home Despot. Come Winter, I place them along the edge of the driveway, every 8 feet or so, right where the lawn meets the driveway. That way, I don't accidentally chew up the edge of the lawn with the snowblower. They're a brownish green color, so they're not an eyesore like the fluorescent orange stakes.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:42 am

Hopped on the new JD 1025R and plowed the 130 yards of driveway & turn around pad in roughly 45 mins. Sure glad I had the rear wheels/tires filled with fluid for weight as there was no slipping without using FWD at all, sweet. We did not have the plethora of snow or wet snow you folks endured but the speed of the job and lack of exposure to the 25 mph winds at 19 degrees was welcome. Oh how I do not miss those shoveling days. Our daughter regaled Mrs. Spackler about the west Philly area and the mess there. Fortunately a passerby and his father had pity on her and used their snow blower to clear out her driveway. Her husband was stuck in Harrisburg with a foot of snow.
Carl Spackler

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:00 am

Carl Spackler wrote:Hopped on the new JD 1025R and plowed the 130 yards of driveway & turn around pad in roughly 45 mins. Sure glad I had the rear wheels/tires filled with fluid for weight as there was no slipping without using FWD at all, sweet. We did not have the plethora of snow or wet snow you folks endured but the speed of the job and lack of exposure to the 25 mph winds at 19 degrees was welcome. Oh how I do not miss those shoveling days. Our daughter regaled Mrs. Spackler about the west Philly area and the mess there. Fortunately a passerby and his father had pity on her and used their snow blower to clear out her driveway. Her husband was stuck in Harrisburg with a foot of snow.

Your JD1025R sounds like something out of Tool Time. And that foot of snow in Harrisburg you mentioned....more like eighteen inches. Can't be gone soon enough.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:19 am

Your JD1025R sounds like something out of Tool Time.

If that's the model I'm thinking of, it's a beast. I wonder if it goes beep-beep-beep when Carl backs it up.

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 am

I have this image of Carl racing up and down his driveway with a crazed look in his eye that says to the world "watch out mofo's, the JD1025R is coming through....ramming speed!".
PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Well, that didn't take long. Mrs. Mad was rearranging some items in the pantry today when I heard a loud smash followed by "Uh-Oh". Seems little miss slippery fingers dropped one my jars of home-grown, home-made, hot banana peppers that I picked, sliced, diced and marinated in a special juice last September. I was really looking forward to enjoying those savory little suckers this spring...but, not to be. She said it was an accident. I don't believe in accidents. Except for the one I had yesterday with the spotlight. And the war continues.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:58 pm

My suggestion is that you surrender and replace the spotlight pronto. You're out-matched. Women are WAY more devious than men.

Mrs psu_dad: That's sexist.
Me: Uh-oh. Am I fired now? How does this work?

psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Really? Did we surrender when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!
PittGradPSUMad

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:18 pm

psu_dad wrote:Your JD1025R sounds like something out of Tool Time.

If that's the model I'm thinking of, it's a beast. I wonder if it goes beep-beep-beep when Carl backs it up.

No beep beep for Carl,
Carl goes beep beep after beans.

The 1025 is a new unit as of last October. The old 445 had 19 years and over 2600 hrs. on the engine, too many for comfort and no trade value with a blown engine so Mr. & Mrs. Carl visited several sub compact tractor dealers in the area. The key benefit was an auto connecting mower deck as crawling under and dragging out a 300# deck is no longer in the cards for Carl, hasn't been for years. The JD is the only true auto connecting deck unit on the market as of last fall. The long term value of the tractor front end loader with mowing deck is excellent. We added a front plow for our driveway and the deal was struck after a long negotiation. The "R" unit has a few extras built in including a far better seat, a necessity for Carl. We will still have to modify the seat to reach a level of comfort necessary for the time spent mowing. A 60 month financing offer sweetened the deal plus financial enticements for multiple attachments.

I do have to say the plowing experience was remarkable. A totally different feel from a large garden tractor. Anyone with several acres to manage needs a larger unit to make it manageable and more enjoyable. The three cylinder diesel engine should save on fuel cost and add to longevity. Time will tell.
Last edited by Carl Spackler on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Spackler

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All