It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:42 pm Advanced search

Random Thoughts

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Yes....deserve! Afterall, how long has Mrs. Dad been putting up with your shenanigans? It's the least you can do. And don't assume that I'm suggesting that because I suffer, you should suffer too. No, not at all. I enjoyed Mary Poppins....and The Lion King. Kinda sorta.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:11 pm

And no....I don't sashay around the house singing Surrey With The Fringe On Top. I don't even know the words. Except for those.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:03 pm

And don't assume that I'm suggesting that because I suffer, you should suffer too.

Bingo.

I recently had a father-to-son with my oldest. He and his wife have been looking for a new house and his wife fell in love with a house they found in West Chester. Beautiful house, but he wanted to live closer to the city. I explained to him that, within reason, most men buy the house their wife wants. The alternative is to live with an unhappy wife, which is a fate you wouldn't wish upon your worse enemy.

They're closing on the house in a few weeks,
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:48 pm

B&W must have generated some nf.com air travel karma that with his last trip. All flights on time, 2 first class upgrades, 1 empty seater and 1 petite attractive girl (all seat lottery wins), breeze through security and no major PITA encounters. I felt like a human the whole time.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Shore Lion wrote:Has anyone else read about the case in Massachusetts where the girl essentially egged her on depressed boyfriend to commit sucicide? I mean she literally sent this poor kid hundreds of texts telling him he'd be happier and at peace. She does that instead of trying to get him some help. She even pushed him harder when he was having second thoughts. And even texts another friend that she could have stopped it but she didn't. It's just horrible to read about. I have no idea how responsible she is under the law, that's what is being decided. But my God, what a cold bitch.

Just saw the judge found her guilty. She is facing up to 20 years. I read a bit more about this after Shore's first post. I think this is probably right. The kid texted her while he was doing it and that he got out of the truck, and she apparently told him to get back in and finish the job (not those words but that sentiment). That's seriously Baracked Up.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:45 pm

I am mixed on this result. The kid was 18 years old and they were having conversations for months about this. Yes, she should have contacted someone but she didn't. She texted him multiple times advising him to get help or talk to someone. I read all of the texts for the most part and I could see her getting sick and tired of him saying he is going to kill himself. Again, what she did was reprehensible. Unless she has priors (which I don't think she does) she shouldn't serve a day in jail IMO. Plus, she was a juvenile when this happened.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Shore Lion » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:46 pm

She obviously won't get 20 years but I have no problem with her doing some time. The sheer utter regard for another life and essentially encouraging him to do it were damning in hundreds of texts. I truly can't get over how cold she was. I usually only tear up over sad animal stories but this one really bothered me.
Shore Lion

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:23 pm

I'm with Shore. I don't think 20 years is reasonable but I have no problem with her going to jail for some period of time. It seems like she played a game with this kids head, knowing his mental state, and not only encouraged him to commit suicide but, when she knew he was in the process and could have stopped it by calling for help, she not only refused but encouraged him to go through with it.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Different topic:

My oldest son got a job and today had his very first day of work. I think I was more excited and stressed over it than he was. He's working in a local sandwich place. It's a local chain called Fresh Works (and they have an absolutely killer sausage parm - literally. Every time I eat it I think I'm going to die from a heart attack right there). Anyway, I have a question for those of you who may have recently gone through this - why don't they need him to fill out a W4? I believe I gave them his social security number when he filled in the application (I did for some, not sure of this one specifically). But, don't they legally need him to fill out a W4 for tax purposes? And, for that matter, he didn't have to provide anything for an I9 either. Isn't that a federal law? Does it not apply to minors? He did have to how he had working papers from the high school, so maybe that covers it?

I can sort of understand the immigration papers, but the tax form thing has me baffled. Just because he's 16 doesn't mean there isn't withholding. And, it would come off my income. What am I missing here? Anyone have a theory?
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:36 am

I have a question for those of you who may have recently gone through this - why don't they need him to fill out a W4?

I don't recall my sons filling out a W4 for the part-time jobs they had in high school. Their employer just deducted the "normal" amount for someone single with no dependents.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All