It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:46 pm Advanced search

The Trump Administration

Talk about everything and anything.

The Trump Administration

Postby originalchas » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:08 pm

chas takes the blueberry muffins out of the oven and gets some butter from the fridge. Grabbing his tall mug he fills it with medium roast coffee. He sits down on the stool at the kitchen counter and directs his eyes out the picture window to the nearby hills. Smiling at the view he turns his attention to his laptop and the magazines and newspapers listed on CEO Express.
“It does not get better than this. The muffin caps are nice and brown and the coffee is hot. Mmmm that butter fat just rolls off of my tongue with a tasty hint of salt. Blueberrrrriees.
Let me see what latest prediction of a coming disaster has the attention of the media.
In The New York Times Krugman says the economy will not collapse after all, but he thinks global warming will do us in. It is a good thing he is a master of all sciences. He says here he has changed his view on the likely economic collapse, but will address his thoughts on his new views on the matter over the coming months. Geez.
I am not able to tell the difference between the Huf Post, Atlantic Monthly, Slate, Salon, Vanity Fair, and the New Yorker. It appears they have different art directors, but the same editorial staff. I guess they all have the same death wish and will go down together fighting over an ever shrinking lefty readership. You would think at least one of them would stray from the Occupy party line and the talking points of the Democratic National Committee. I guess they figure if they go out of business they always can find a home at one of the other lefty rags. They will, until there are too few left to hire these people who do not understand what the working class has told them with their votes on Tuesday.
The Europeans are an interesting bunch. The Scotsman, The Times of London, The Guardian, The Telegraph and these other papers are interesting reads. They sound like a brother in law who wakes up one day to find that his sister’s husband is about to kick him out of the basement apartment. They are afraid of what will happen if the United States chooses to end the security arrangements that have the United States providing the nuclear umbrella, the troops, the air force, and the leadership needed to face down the bad guys in their neighborhood. It does not seem they appreciate that collectively our old European allies have a larger population and economy than the United States, or that our nation is just sick and tired of fighting the wars other people benefit from.
This left wing McCarthyism directed at those not willing to buy the idea that Putin and Russia are such a threat obviously has extended to Europe. If the Europeans, with all their wealth, technology, and population are so scared by a Russia with less than half of their resources then they should look at themselves and do something. Instead they are choosing to blame us for not handling their fears for them. Go figure.
So the Egyptians, Canada, Japan and even Mexico want to meet with Trump to discuss how we can work together? Imagine that! The Pope has not come around yet, but he will.
The globalism loving elites just do not want to believe that the peasants are at the gates and they come armed with pitchforks. Brexit and now Trump have them in complete panic. It is too late for them. There is nowhere for them to go to avoid the tidal wave of working class discontent. There will be a “New World Order” but it will look a lot more like one dominated by nation states and not the few who have the financial control and means to direct the politicians to ignore the needs of their common people.
Jefferson was right, a little rebellion now and then, is a good thing for the tree of liberty.
Wooo, did I just eat five muffin caps? Oh well, time for a sixth.”
originalchas

Re: The Trump Administration

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Five muffin caps? Planning on donating the muffin stumps to the local food bank?
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:43 pm

The Scotsman, The Times of London, The Guardian, The Telegraph and these other papers are interesting reads. They sound like a brother in law who wakes up one day to find that his sister’s husband is about to kick him out of the basement apartment.

Ok. That's funny.

I had a similar response in reading the foreign wailing. God forbid they should have to do their share of the "heavy lifting".

And if my wife ever caught me eating a half-dozen muffin tops slathered in butter, she would rat me out to my sons (the Health Nazis) and I'd never hear the end of it.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby SouthernLion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:19 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:Five muffin caps? Planning on donating the muffin stumps to the local food bank?

:lol:
SouthernLion

Postby Nat@PSU » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Thank God. I was always thinking "man, I wish these shitty narrative style posts weren't limited to the Penn State Football board. I'd love to see them in the Free For All too."

And they say dreams don't come true.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby psu_dad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:17 pm

^
|
|

sardonic adjective sar·don·ic \sär-ˈdä-nik\
Definition: disdainfully or skeptically humorous; derisively mocking

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Nat@PSU » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Whatever do you mean? Shouldnt you be writing code? Hands . . . Uh . . . free?
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby psu_dad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Mrs psu_dad: Who is that?!
psu_dad: Nat. From NF.com.
Mrs psu_dad: Nat from from NF.com? At 3 in the morning?! <grabs phone> WHO IS THIS?!
Nat: It's Nat. From NF.com .
Mrs psu_dad: <sardonic>What are you wearing "Nat from NF.com"?</sardonic>
Nat: Uhh... khakis.
Mrs psu_dad: She sounds hideous.
psu_dad: Well she's a guy, so...

psu_dad

Postby SouthernLion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:18 pm

You guys are killing me. But then, everything seems funny since early Wednesday morning.
SouthernLion

Postby originalchas » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:23 pm

I was always thinking "man, I wish these shitty narrative style posts weren't limited to the Penn State Football board.

I take it I am safe to assume it is ok with you if I drop you from the Christmas card list?
originalchas

Next

Return to Free for All