It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:48 am Advanced search

2017 Baseball Season

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: 2017 Baseball Season

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:38 am

Well, at least they got 4 guys for Seaver. They only got one for Nolan Ryan. So there's that.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby gmay10 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:52 pm

It is nice to see the Phils putting a minor league team on a MLB field! Amaro Jr. screwed this team for years. I read an article yesterday that the Phils don't want to rush anyone to the majors:( I can kind of understand that statement with young pitchers but to not send up everyday players because they think they are too young seems silly to me. Ohhh, and the kid they were talking about is currently 24 years old. Come on man!!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 am

Rockies 3rd baseman Nolan Arenado hit for the cycle in style yesterday. He had a single, double and triple and then completed the cycle with a walk-off 3 run home-run.

Also, what was with the hideous blue hats and uniforms this weekend all over MLB? Was that for father's day? Do they hate fathers? I spoke to all the fathers who watch baseball and we are unanimously agree they should either just leave the uniforms alone or make every team wear the uniforms from the late 1970s Houston Astros. Either way is good for us, but we never want to see those hideous blue uniforms and hats again.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 am

I don't understand why a temporary patch on the shoulder isn't sufficient to commemorate whatever it is you're trying to commemorate. They can't possibly believe they're going to be able to sell those hideous hats and jerseys to anyone.

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:41 am

Apparently MLB made the decision a few years ago to commemorate various holidays (Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Independence Day etc.) by having special uniforms worn by all teams for the ENTIRE weekend of the holiday. I hated the blue as well but I still liked it better than the stupid camo uniforms they have.
Shore Lion

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:16 am

I loathe the camo uniforms. It was one thing when only San Diego did it. That park sits next to a naval base and they wanted to do something to honor the people who are right there in their neighborhood. How you honor the navy with camouflage is a worthy discussion in its own right, but, parking that one point, I get why the Padres did that. When the rest of MLB decided to do it I thought it was ridiculous.

And, it's even worse for us Mets fans. The Mets were forced to buy those uniforms and, gosh darn it, they were going to wear them! So, last year (and I think the year before - can't remember now) every home game on a Monday was "military Monday" and they worse those ugly uniforms for every Monday home game all season. No one stretches that dollar better than the Wilpons.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:49 am

MLB on their 2017 line of fakakta uniforms:

"We've gotten more progressive over the last couple of years, and that's in large part due to all the young stars in the game coming up," said Noah Garden, MLB executive vice president, business. "The All-Star Game had 20 kids under the age of 25 last year, and with these players making such a big impact on the game, they are very fashion-forward. It offered us the ability to have fun with it, be a little more fashion-forward, and they seem to enjoy it."

That is f***ed up on so many levels that I can't even compose a response. I'm literally getting a headache,

psu_dad

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Blue&White wrote: How you honor the navy with camouflage is a worthy discussion in its own right, but, parking that one point, I get why the Padres did that.

Sailors have been wearing camouflage for 8 or 9 years now. It is a blue and grey digital pattern that we called 'aquaflage' because it served no purpose other than help you blend into the water. (I tried to link an image of the uniform, but it isn't working...)

Within the next few years, the Navy will transition to a green camouflage uniform for some reason. Personally, I think we are slowly moving to a joint defense service rather than separate Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Ultimately, I prefer this to them tinkering too much with the game. The last time they "fixed" something they eliminated the need to throw 4 pitches on an intentional walk so they can save, in total, something like 5 minutes over the course of a season and losing the opportunity for moments like this, this, and this.

I'd much rather they mess with fashion based decisions than screw with the fundamentals of the game. I can deal with ugly uniforms every now and again. But, doing things like eliminating the need to actually throw the pitches for an intentional walk was just moronic. It wasn't broke. Stop trying to fix it.

Lion - Oh. Well, mystery solved.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:38 pm

I'd much rather they mess with fashion based decisions than screw with the fundamentals of the game.

That's because you haven't seen the socks they are going to wear on the 4th of July. I think they ordered them from this place.

psu_dad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All