Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 am

And, here's something that should make everyone soil their draws:

Feds Demand '1.3 Million IP Addresses' Of Visitors To Trump Protest Website

Maybe this is the reason he won't condemn Nazis; he's a fan of their tactics. Hopefully the courts shut this bullshit down. I can't imagine they will allow a massive fishing expedition and the handing over the personal information of probably tends of thousands of people. We'll see, I guess.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 am

Any committee that has the CEO of Merck on it should be rounded up and tossed into the Potomac. And anyone who thinks Merck gives a rat's ass about the United States is completely out of their mind. If Merck is on any committee, it's because they hope to advantage themselves. These rapacious assclowns paid a bazillon- kajillion dollars a few years ago to settle charges of routinely over-billing Medicaid for medicine and bribing health care providers to STFU about it.

Screw them and their CEO.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am

I could care less about Merck but just because he's a crook in general doesn't mean he was wrong here. And, whether or not he made a principled stand or did it to protect his shareprice, he did the right thing. Maybe he did it for the wrong reason, but he took the right stand. And, Merck can potentially be impacted by this as the government is looking at some rules on the sale of pharmaceuticals.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:14 am

I'm going to have to remember this strategy if I'm ever arraigned for ripping off a nursing home.

JUDGE: You stand accused of defrauding the residents of the Sunny Shore Nursing Home as well as the American taxpayers. How do you plead?
ME: Before entering my plea, I'd like to point out that I hate Nazis.
JUDGE: OK. You've redeemed yourself with this courageous moral stance. Case dismissed.

Jeezus H. Krist. I weep for the future.
Last edited by psu_dad on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 am

They are 2 distinct events. One had nothing to do with the other.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 am

You can listen to an expression of piety and devotion to American values from the CEO of Merck without vomiting and I can't. You have a stronger stomach, I guess. I had this clown pegged as a total douchebag years ago. This changes nothing.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:25 am

I have noticed that the Trump supporters specifically and conservatives in general are much more quiet today at work. To be clear, my command has a good number of conservatives (not unusual for military, but somewhat strange for a group of musicians) who took the 'anyone but Hillary' route in November and they have been easy to discuss issues without getting angry. There are a few very trumpian folks that I won't even talk to about anything political.

I expected the day to be very full of conversations, what with the epic meltdown and disregard for anything Presidential yesterday. Obviously, I disagree with much of what The Donald says, but what really irked me was the manner in which he spoke yesterday; pointing his finger, making blatant false claims (I know more that you crap), and just acting like a horses ass in general). I am so over this cat, to say the very least.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:49 am

I never discuss politics with my co-workers. Ever. There's no upside. No one I've worked with in the last 39 years has the slightest idea where I stand politically. The closest I came recently was a conversation I had with my (female) supervisor:

HER: What do you think of the company's "diversity" policy?
ME: I respect their right to institute such a policy.
HER: But what do you THINK of it?
ME: It doesn't matter what I think. That's why they didn't consult with me first.
HER: You're not going to tell me, are you?
ME: No.

PS - She's fine, BTW. She pretty much leaves me alone, which is the management style I prefer.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 am

The Klan, neo-Nazi groups and other white nationalist groups descend on Charlottesville, VA, a melee ensues, an innocent person is murdered, and Trump waits 48 hours to say anything about it because "fact checking".

Some Muslim fanatics run down dozens of innocent people in Barcelona, Spain, killing 14 and hurting over 100 more, and Trump within minutes tweets out a made up and widely debunked internet story about General "Black Jack" Pershing from his time in the Philippines. So much for fact checking.

After that - and I'm not sure if it was because they saw the fall out coming from this later debacle, his tweets on the Confederate statues, or just because - more Republicans starting jumping ship and calling him out by name. And, no matter where you come down on the whole Confederate statue thing, I think most of us probably agree that it would have been best at this point if he just STFU about it.

If this wasn't all so tragic, it would be hilarious.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 am

Anyone who looks to ANY politician for leadership and/or inspiration needs to get their head out of their ass. As for President Knucklehead, I'm a gridlock guy and he's done absolutely nothing so far. Three more years of nothing is fine with me.