Former Players Thread

sameoldlama

Re: Former Players Thread

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:15 am

Hard to imagine how crushing it must have been to be told after his first round of treatment he was "cancer free" and then a relatively short time later to find himself facing such overwhelming news.

While I've had a more fortunate outcome I can tell you in talking to anyone I know who has been treated for cancer you always have in the back of your mind that your living on borrowed time and that someday it's going to come back.

I've got my 5 year check coming up and they will do the full body scan - I feel fine but it's hard to explain how you feel when you sit there by yourself in an exam room by yourself waiting for doctor to come in and tell you the result.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:17 pm

Best wishes for a healthy review. Cancer does suck. Can't believe how many people I know who are affected by it. It was always one of those 'things that happens to other people.'

Best wishes to MG too - tough fullback.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:02 pm

sameoldlama wrote:Hard to imagine how crushing it must have been to be told after his first round of treatment he was "cancer free" and then a relatively short time later to find himself facing such overwhelming news.

While I've had a more fortunate outcome I can tell you in talking to anyone I know who has been treated for cancer you always have in the back of your mind that your living on borrowed time and that someday it's going to come back.

I've got my 5 year check coming up and they will do the full body scan - I feel fine but it's hard to explain how you feel when you sit there by yourself in an exam room by yourself waiting for doctor to come in and tell you the result.

I know nothing I say will make things better. However, I wish all the best for you, Lama.

Stay healthy my friend.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Hack was cut by the Eagles and then signed by the Bengals and is on their practice squad.
Is it baseball season yet?

psuro

Postby psuro » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:00 am

Nassib cut by Browns, picked up by Bucs.
McGloin was a late cut by KC, working out for Giants.
Haley cut by Giants, signed to Practice Squad.
Cabinda, Blacknall cut by Raiders, both signed to Practice Squad.
Cothren cut by Vikings, signed to Practice Squad.

Practice Squad players make $7400/week. Not too shabby, If they are on the squad the entire 16 game schedule.

Remember Phil Taylor, who transferred to Baylor after Joe ran him out of Penn State? He got waived by Redskins.
Brandon Bell got cut by Bengals.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:45 am

Christian Campbell (Cards), Kyle Carter (Hawks), Cothran / Golden (Steelers) were cut also (not sure if they were picked up or hit Practice Squad) but Saturday wasn't pretty for PSU beyond just that 4th QT in State College.

Hopefully some of these guys work their way back onto a roster - maybe Matty Ice saves the Giants at end of season and wins them a SB a la Nick Foles. :P

psuro

Postby psuro » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:32 am

Every once in a while, I run into Tony Sacca at a local bar. He is actually a really nice guy and much more down to earth than he was as a QB at PSU. He even admits that his biggest mistake was assuming he knew more than Joe. I think he went back and patched things up with Joe. However, he loves Franklin, thinks he is one of the better QB gurus around (he used to take kids from the QB camp at Maryland).

Tony Sacca now looks like Mr. Clean. If Mr. Clean stopped working out and lived on a diet of chicken wings and beer.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:46 pm

In addition to Barkley, Godwin and ARob found the end zone too this weekend.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:03 pm

All the Giants traded have moved Grant Haley from undrafted free agent to starting nickleback. The Skins are challenging him and he's doing ok. Good for him.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:42 pm

Wally Triplett has passed away at the age of 92. He was the Jackie Robinson of the NFL. RIP, Wally.