2018 Recruitng Thread

Blue&White

Re: 2018 Recruitng Thread

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:13 am

When is LOI day? February what?

This happens every year to every team. You have a bunch of kids who commit early but before they sign on the bottom line they change their mind. Not much you can do about it but I'll be happy when all the signatures are in.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:02 am

There is a early signing period this year, December 20-22. That's the concern from a lot of folks.

Shane

Postby Shane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Pretty big weekend on the recruiting side of things. Most of the 2018 commits will be on campus as well as prospects Micah Parsons and Rasheed Walker. I think there is another uncommitted big name but can't think of his name right now. Parsons is a prior PSU commit that appears to be trending back to PSU and Walker seems like a PSU lean at this point. Both guys would be huge gets and help shore up the lines on each side of the ball.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:15 pm

There's an offensive tackle from Ohio that's apparently more highly rated than Reed that CJF going after. Franklin has been pretty cagey this past year, giving himself some momentum early, while leaving himself some outs as the season progressed. There are a number of good players it looked like we wouldn't get that now we have a chance for. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:45 am

Shane, I think you are referring to Tyreke Smith. jason Oweh is out there also, and he has been flying up the recruiting boards. PSU was in on him early so hopefully that helps us.

Would love to see a flip of Raines from PSU. Safety from PA who is committed to WVU. Would cover for the Young loss.

At this point, keep our current commits and win 3/5 among Parsons, Smith, Oweh, Walker and Enis and I will be over the moon happy. Anything more than that and I wont know what to do with myself

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Supposedly a big recruiting weekend just past. Hoped to hear about commits, but a lot of these guys are waiting for the official signing day in February, instead of the early period.

Hope some of the longer committed kids sign early, take some of the pressure off the rest of those considering us.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Micah Parsons recently said he would announce his choice on December 20. One of Young Mad's friends works with local athletes and was invited to attend this weekend's recruiting visit by Micah's father. YM's friend sent him a long text last night sharing details of the weekend, including pics of the recruits. He was completely blown away by the program and said the recruits were as well. YM's friend said CJF is an amazing host, very charismatic, very compelling in selling not just football, but the entire Penn State experience. Can't wait to see how this turns out over the next few weeks.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:46 pm

I doubt you will hear anything definitive for a few weeks. What the recruiting gurus are saying right now is that PSU leads for Micah Parsons, Tyreke Smith and Jason Oweh on the defensive side of the ball and Rasheed Walker on the offensive side. Also sounds like Solomon Enis (Curtis' son) would commit if given the green light as well. With 17 and 18 year old kids, you never know, but it sounds like PSU is in for quite a finish to this class that is already ranked #5.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:03 am

Pretty interesting read on Parsons and what happened with tOSU. Goes to show how many little things these compliance departments have to worry about. Seemed like a relatively minor infraction to me, but could wind up with PSU landing his services (tOSU had all the momentum at that point).

https://247sports.com/college/penn-stat ... -112460396

Announcement is tomorrow. Obviously would be a huge add for us.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:25 pm

That article is almost hilarious. 'No photos allowed with media personnel not associated with the university....blah blah blah....' But, wow, cook up phony courses for football players and have them get automatic A's for said courses and have this go on for years and, hey, no problem! We certify that UNC is squeaky clean! But put that camera away, NOW!