Wrestling

psuro

Re: Wrestling

Postby psuro » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:27 am

Not much of a wrestling guy, but watched the match vs. ASU last night. I was informed the first kid for PSU is their weakest link and that the rest of the lineup was loaded.

How true. How very true.

That was, after the first match, a complete annihilation.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:58 pm

sameoldlama wrote:Picked up a B&W Illustrated before my last plane trip and from what I read the wrestling roster is stacked beyond belief - no reason to think PSU dominance of wrestling will not continue for next few years.

The dominance of the wrestling program is remarkable. The staff is bringing in talent from across the nation and developing it very well. The ASU match last Friday evening is another example of that dominance. ASU lost to OSU by a few points not long ago and lost to PSU by 38 points. Unless there are some key injuries I'd expect another NC in March which will be 8 in 10 years I think. I know of no sport other than possibly fencing, that has done close to that well.

PSU was a giant waiting to awaken and Cael Sanderson was the wake up call. Casey Cunningham sent out an email update earlier this week that provided links to each match so far. They are dominant.

Bo Nickal is amazing. :shock: ;) :D
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Watched the OSU match Friday - PSU was down two starters and still buried OSU 28-9. OSU was #2 in the country.

As Carl said Bo Nickal is unbelievable - he is #1 at his weight and was wrestling #2 and he pinned dude in about 90 seconds. Guy was in on his legs a couple times and before you could blink Nickal slapped a cradle on him and smack down done. Went on youtube and watched some of his matches - his ability to counter deep take down shots and turn them into pin combos is unreal.

Both the team and Nickal have 56 dual meet win streaks going. If the team is healthy I don't see any way they don't win title again.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:13 pm

There is a news article that they recreated the block scoop and score prior to the match.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootb ... state.html.

Like it but maybe not good taste. Kind of the ultimate bulletin board material to get the fans loud. No plays to call in wrestling guess loud doesn't matter. They heard the refs hand hit the mat 90 seconds into Bo's match.

They came out with mild upsets in the first two matches.

Things would have to go terribly wrong not to win the B10 and National Championship. Next year will be a challenge.