2019 Recruiting Thread

Blue&White

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby Blue&White » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am

4* QB Michael Johnson Jr. has also sent in his letter.

And, it's confirmed that RB Noah Cain is on his was to Happy Valley.

One thing about Franklin, the man can recruit. If he can't make it to the playoffs in the next 2 years with the talent he's brought in, then PSU needs to rethink him as head coach.
Is it baseball season yet?

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:46 am

Penn State beating SEC teams for the signature of a kid from the IMG Academy. Didn't think that was possible once upon a time. PSU recruiting with the big boys. Thanks JF!!!

Only bad news is that meatchicken and tOSU keep piling up those great classes also...

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Only Alabama and Georgia signed more 4 and 5 star kids today than PSU. The talent is coming, or at least the experts think it is.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Wow. Pretty huge to pull of this kind of class in a relatively weak year for our region. Only gripe you could even have was that we lost a couple of top NJ kids to Bama...not much you can do about that though.

According to 247, all the LOIs are in except for Cain who committed today. Drama-free as requested. Overall, wish there was one more WR, OL and DL in the class. We might get the latter with Ellies down the road.

BTW, our running back core next year will have Sanders, Slade, Ford and Cain. For those of following recruiting, that is just crazy. Each of them were nationally recruited and arguably the best backs in the country. Part of that is definitely the Saquon Barkley effect :D He is the gift that keeps on giving...

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Though he didn't sign today they are expected to sign Jared Henderson Hunte, so there's your wish for the DL.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:45 pm

nittwittier wrote:Wow. Pretty huge to pull of this kind of class in a relatively weak year for our region. Only gripe you could even have was that we lost a couple of top NJ kids to Bama...not much you can do about that though.

According to 247, all the LOIs are in except for Cain who committed today. Drama-free as requested. Overall, wish there was one more WR, OL and DL in the class. We might get the latter with Ellies down the road.

BTW, our running back core next year will have Sanders, Slade, Ford and Cain. For those of following recruiting, that is just crazy. Each of them were nationally recruited and arguably the best backs in the country. Part of that is definitely the Saquon Barkley effect :D He is the gift that keeps on giving...

Give all those great running backs some time in the slot position or as a WR. It might put them on the field earlier

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:20 am

Don't be surprised if Sanders opts to enter the draft.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:29 am

Don't be surprised if Sanders opts to enter the draft.

Agree, but seems it would be a mistake. I know he had over 1200 yards on the season but there was only 1, maybe 2, games where it felt like he was really consistently running down hill and breaking into the open field. I see him as a late round pick right now, and possibly even a FA. There are always a lot of running backs coming out and it's just not a premier position anymore. Barkley is very much an exception, and that's because he is so veristil. He gives the Giants not only a great running threat but he's another WR out of the backfield. Not just running out of the slot but running down the sidelines, breaking past LBs and catching balls deep. But, that is the exception, not the rule. Most RBs are not Barkley and most of them are not going be picked high in the draft. Honestly, I'd be surprised if Sanders was even a 4th round pick right now.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 am

Plus, Barkley started for 2-3 years (depending on how you look at his freshman year). Miles only has 1 under his belt. He should stay another year but what do I know

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:58 am

I'm Lance Dixon. Why I picked Penn State football over Michigan, MSU

Comes off as a bright kid. Needs to work on his writing a bit, though. I cringed a few tims reading that. But, in fairness, he's a highschool senior. My writing was not anywhere near that cogent at his age. But, I appreciated him picking PSU over any of the other schools.

Welcome to Penn State, Lance. We are thrilled to have you.