Former Players Thread

Blue&White

Former Players Thread

Postby Blue&White » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 am

Missed the Giants - Jets game yesterday (I never watch pre-season ) but am reading that Hackenberg bombed. And, not the first time this summer. Sounds like the Jets are getting ready to cut bait.

That's too bad. I was hoping he could pull it together and be a serviceable NFL QB. Not looking likely, though.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

sameoldlama

Re: Former Players Thread

Postby sameoldlama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:29 am

I watched most of the game and he doesn't look any better than last year or when he was at PSU - threw a bad pick 6 and really struggles to sense the blitz. He dug the Jets a 29-3 hole which Bryce Petty dug them out of - only to trip over his own lineman and get injured in the final drive. Back came Hack who did lead a drive to bring it to 32-31 Giants - Jets ran for a 2 pointer a didn't get it.

Hackenberg is a major project on a franchise with a poor history of developing QBs and they have nothing around to help whoever is going to be QB.

Saw some of Eagles game Thursday and Matt McG threw a really nice game winner - hope he sticks with Eagles.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:40 am

I did not realize McGloin signed with Philly. Good for him. I hope he sticks, too.

I know he's just been a back-up but he's had a longer NFL career than most anyone thought possible. Good for him. I hope he continues to prove everyone who doubted him (including me) wrong.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Blue&White wrote:I did not realize McGloin signed with Philly. Good for him. I hope he sticks, too.

I know he's just been a back-up but he's had a longer NFL career than most anyone thought possible. Good for him. I hope he continues to prove everyone who doubted him (including me) wrong.

I was at the game the other night. I have to admit he looked good. Hopefully he makes the team.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:22 am

Titans name Tim Shaw a team captain.

Nice thing for them to do.Glad Tim is holding on.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Allen Robinson done for the year with a torn ACL.

That sucks. Hopefully he can come back strong next year.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:15 pm

On a brighter note a 2 TD game for Jesses James. Austin Johnson, Carl Nassib and Anthony Zettel all showing up w/ tackles in box scores also. Poz, Lee and Bowman still going strong.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Lee is a monster for the Cowboys. I think he turned out having the best career of that group. Who predicted that?

PennState03Chris

Postby PennState03Chris » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Link

Lions247 is doing a weekly podcast. Mike Mauti was the guest this week. Haven't listened yet, but apparently it's entertaining.

Shane

Postby Shane » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:11 pm

The weekly podcasts are a great feature.