Week 1 Games that may Impact the Season...

We Are...2

Week 1 Games that may Impact the Season...

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Here are just a few of the BIGGIES:
Thur. Aug. 31
Ohio St. at Indiana 8:00 pm ESPN

Fri. Sept. 1
Washington at Rutgers 8:00 pm FS1

Sat. Sept. 2
Michigan at Florida 3:30 pm ABC
Temple at Notre Dame 3:30 pm NBC

Florida St. at Alabama 8:00 pm ABC

I think Thursday nights game should show some of what theOSU has, keep in mind they lost their backup QB and the 2 behind Barrett haven't taken a snap in College. Oh and who doesn't want ND to take one on the chin from Temple? I included the Wash / Rutgers game because I am getting sick of hearing how good Washington is going to be, I want to see it. Personally USC has my pre-season vote as the best out of the PAC 12. Thoughts?
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Blue&White

Re: Week 1 Games that may Impact the Season...

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Other than showing how low ratings can go for a Friday night game, how can a game involving Rutgers impact the season? They were bad last year and they are going to be bad this year.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Not that much of an impact on us, other than seeing what Wash has since they are the odds on favorites to make the Playoff (as the experts say now). I said, that I think USC will be representing the PAC 12 in the playoff, however, since there is nothing else on Fri. night leading to our game, I thought it might be interesting to see what Wash has and since they play a Big Ten team (Rutgers)...and so on...
FYI: B&W, I threw that one in just for you...I knew you couldn't resist busting my balls! :D
Glad to see things haven't changed!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Rutgers is a bad team. It's interesting Wash is playing a Big 10 team, but it's Rutgers. And they are going to be horrible.

PSU fans right now are perusing the schedule and looking for trap games and where we may fall short and end up with a loss, maybe 2. Rutgers fans are looking at the schedule and trying to figure out which games their offense has a chance to actually score.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 pm

I don't disagree with you B&W, however, my point is more to see what Washington has than what Rutgers doesn't. I think we all know that Rutgers is going to get killed.
The fact that I have to waste this much time on this game is arguably pre-first game frustration coming to fruition. I think we are all ready for Sat...but until then...this is what you get on a Friday night, like it or not! ;)

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:22 am

We Are...2 wrote:Personally USC has my pre-season vote as the best out of the PAC 12. Thoughts?

I still hate Sam Darnold. :(

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 am

Crowbar wrote:
I still hate Sam Darnold. :(

I think we all do...however, another shot at USC isn't a far fetched idea...

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:36 am

Hate him all you want....he'll win a Heisman before his next.stop in the NFL. He's that good.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:27 am

I don't hate him. He's excellent. He did that as a freshman he didn't act like a jerk. I hate much more that PSU couldn't generate a pass rush and couldn't convert a first down or two to seal the deal. I hate that Blacknall got suspended. I think his not being there led indirectly to the first two interceptions that McSorely threw.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:19 pm

I'll admit I still cringe when I think how a rollout on 3rd and 4 probably ends the game. :x

Regardless, I stand by my original post, with both feet planted firmly in the ground.

I hate Sam Darnold. :twisted: