Tailgating 101

We Are...2

Tailgating 101

Postby We Are...2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:01 am

Thought we might have a spot to place the best of the best in Tailgating traditions! I will start with this offering for Saturdays game against the Zips. Bad weather allows the Crocks to come out!

Crockpot Pizza Dip

Ingredients:

16 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
8-12 ounce pizza cheese such as shredded mozarella
20 ounce pizza sauce
6 ounces pepperoni (regular or turkey) or sausage pieces or veggies (to your liking on pizza)
Instructions:

Layer the ingredients in small crock pot, finishing with the toppings of your choice, keep on low. Serve with bite size breads, nacho chips or crackers.

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
1 egg
1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 carrot, diced into small pieces
1 diced celery stalk
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 cups reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cups Frank's Hot Wing Sauce
Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use nonstick spray on foil, lining cookie sheet.

Dice veggies.

In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, ground chicken or turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, half hot sauce and cheese.

Gently fold together to combine.

Form the mixture into small meatballs and place on cookie sheet.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Place the meatballs in a crock pot and add wing sauce. Add more sauce if you prefer spicy. To cut heat of sauce, add melted butter. Can serve alone or on small potato slider rolls.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Crowbar

Re: Tailgating 101

Postby Crowbar » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 pm

I just order pizza or steak sandwiches. Or have my BIL do the cooking. I don't boil water correctly, let alone make a gourmet meal.

Well, actually I have mastered the art of making microwave hash browns. My kids love them. 8-)