Akron in Game

PittGradPSUMad

Re: Akron in Game

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:39 pm

And, thankfully, Giesecki's TD ends one of the worst sideline interviews ever. I feel bad for SB's parents to have suffered through that one.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:44 pm

The entire broadcast has been a clown show. Curt Gowdy must be rolling over in his grave.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:45 pm

SB's parents need to get better at interviews, they may be doing a few. On the other hand after that one maybe they won't.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Not sure why JF is showing trickery now. What'a the point?
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:03 pm

It has been years since I could enjoy a whole game without any concerns. This was a great start to the year

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:05 pm

I think he showed so Pitt would have one more thing to study and prepare for next weekend.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:11 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:Not sure why JF is showing trickery now. What'a the point?

Not Paternoesque but one of 3 things:
1) Good for recruiting
2) Keep Stevens engaged but letting him in as QB earlier would do that.
3) Make future teams prepare and slow them down with Indecision.

I don't understand SB returning a kickoff either. Normally you wouldn't show trick plays but to some degree that may not be considered a trick play anymore than that third option pass/toss to Gesecki.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Lot of high shotgun snaps today. They tend to mess up the timing. New center.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Well, finally figured out how to get a new account here (but bummed I lost my original name!)

Can't make too much out of these types of games, but I was looking for a few things today:
1) Will we blow out an opponent - we have won these "gimmes" in recent years, but struggled at times. This was a laugher
2) Will we start out well (first half!) - interception aside, it was clear that the offense had little rust and were going to move the ball easily
3) Will we tackle well - as much as anything, missed tackles killed us vs. Pitt last year. Last drive excepting, seemed to be some decent wrapping up
4) Will Gisecki continue to play well - his hands seemingly transformed last year. Wanted to be sure that was a permanent change
5) Will special teams play well - overall ok. Missed FG, but came away feeling unconcerned

High snaps, pick and missed FG were only real sore spots today. Hopefully we bash Pitt next year. We owe them

By the way, I am so excited about Juwan Johnson. I remember when he was a recruit and he looked like a man amongst boys during one of those all star camps. He showed something today. And I suspect when it is all said and done, he will end up being a better player than Chris Godwin was (which is of course, very high praise)

tempe

Postby tempe » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Just watched highlights of the game. Nice team. Really looking forward to Pitt. I've never stopped wearing PSU gear - ran four miles in the AZ heat (about 97 at 8am) this morning in full PSU. Funny how it seems now. I wear a 409 hat most days. Anyhow - nice win.