Pitt Pre-Game

PennState03Chris

Re: Pitt Pre-Game

Postby PennState03Chris » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:44 pm

psu_dad wrote:They're not going to win 54-10. :D

You guys are getting a little carried away. But I admire your enthusiasm.

1-AA Youngstown State took them to overtime on Saturday. Their best player, Jordan Whitehead, is suspended. They dismissed a number of players during the off-season. They are a train wreck of a program, and a shell of last year's team. We will steam roll them.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:45 pm

In addition to his other accomplishments CJF has reinforced the theory of relativity for me - for the past few years during September / October /November the period between Saturdays seemed like 7 days - now it feels like forever.

Though I am happy about the 3:30pm start - can get a WO and a nap in before game time. :P

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Nittany Flier wrote:OK, how about 57-6?

I hope this is the halftime score.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:59 pm

B&W: So. What's it going to be? Are you going to predict a massacre?
ME: No. Never.
B&W: But I'm predicting a massacre. Flier and Crowbar are predicting a massacre. We are ALL predicting a massacre! So why aren't you going to predict a massacre!?
ME: This is America! I don't have to predict anything I don't want to predict!
CHRIS: What are we gonna do with him?
B&W: I guess we are just going to have to teach him to predict a massacre.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:28 pm

You're not required to predict a massacre but you damn well better wear the AIDS ribbon.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:58 pm

[quote="psu_{]
ME: This is America! I don't have to predict anything I don't want to predict!

[/quote]

Yup. You also have a right to not deal in reality. ;) :D

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:44 am

I'm more cautiously optimistic than you guys are. Do I want to see a blood bath? You know it. The thought of Narduzzi having to crawl back to Pittsburgh with his tail between his legs is one that brings me great joy.

That said, I don't think you can underplay how much more this means to Pitt's program and players than it does here. And in college football, anything is possible. I think we have too much talent, experience, and poise to be rattled by this, but I'm taking more of a hopeful wait and see approach.

I'm ok with a close win. I'm happy with a strong win. I'm ecstatic over a blowout win and a full on woodshead beating . . . . man, I don't even know how I'd feel about that. I'm sure I'd bask in it's glow for quite some time.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:14 am

Pitt has recruited enough athletes to stay in this game....for a while. The history of this rivalry won't mean diddly to the players on either team, but I suspect the good guys remember the one that got away last year and will play with purpose and an edge. I expect to see a competitive game in the first half that will give way to a dominant performance in the second half.

Good Guys - 41
Them - 17
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:18 am

The signs aren't good for Pitt but I think emotion will sustain them for a bit. And then superior firepower takes over and points start piling up for PSU. Or a combination of that plus some bad turnovers that kills their spirit. But, Franklin has this bad habit of sometimes doing things that backfire and give the other guys life. Like going for it in your own territory. That drives me crazy. At times it's just best to punt it and make the other guy work for it. I just know he's going to go for it at least once this week because of Pitt's excellent returner and justify that as a reason not to kick. Everybody forgets he did that dumb stuff in the BIG Championship game. It sure didn't help them crawl out of the hole they were in.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:59 pm

That loss to them last year still sticks in my craw. Way more than the Michigan/USC losses. Horrendous tackling, horrific special teams play, terrible clock management, etc. And we still could have/should have won.

We did everything wrong and were an inferior version of our current self. They did a lot right and were a superior version of their current self. Plus they were home. And they barely scraped by. So, if this is anything other than a stomping, we are not the team we think we are.

Predicting a poor first quarter. Two touchdown lead in the second quarter. Miles Sanders getting his snaps along with Tommy Stevens by early fourth quarter.