Pitt Pre-Game

sameoldlama

Re: Pitt Pre-Game

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:24 am

A score pick that I feel is nostalgic, realistic and compassionate (to Pitt fans) all at once .....

PSU 48-14

Nittany Flier

Postby Nittany Flier » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:34 pm

That 2 games here to 1 game there did not appear out of the blue. That is exactly the way it was back in , I believe, the 30's and 40's. However it was 2 games at Pitt and 1 game at PSU. So there is precedent for that demand. As to the score of this game, my 57-6 score was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I think the 6 will be close, but I believe the PSU score could be well north of 60.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:18 pm

So...I have concluded that the mercy rule will be in affect at halftime, and that fans will be witness to the exodus of Spitt players, still in their gear, marching to the busses.

It has been years since I paid much attention to sports. Certainly 2015 when the Mets made the WS, but other than that, watching my favorite teams elicited very little emotion. However, w/ Penn State/Pitt and Giants/Cowgirls, I'm finding myself pretty amped for football.

Go State!
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Hard to believe it's been nearly 20 years since Penn State's last victory over Pitt (1999). I believe the '99 game was when LaVar Arrington blocked a game tying FG attempt at the end. Now granted they've only played twice since then, but still. A few decades of frustration will taken out on the poor Panthers this weekend. :twisted:

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:14 pm

If our guys want to beat the pants off the panthers half as badly as I do, they'll come out smokin' hot right outta the gate. Growing up in western PA, this game was monumentally huge. The animosity was equal to that demonstrated in our current political culture. To this day, I hold deep animosity to some pitt fans that I once did battle with in the week leading up to the game. 'uck em.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.