Pitt Pre-Game

Nat@PSU

Pitt Pre-Game

Postby Nat@PSU » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:31 am

I'll admit, I've not been a fan for long enough to remember when this game was a true rivalry. But losing to these guys last year really stuck in my craw. I'd like to see us re-establish order in the State and full on woodshed these guys.

Also, my favorite new term in sports: "Crock-potting". It's a long, slow tenderizing of an opponent until the meat just falls off the bone. i.e. What Bama did to FSU on Friday night.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Re: Pitt Pre-Game

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:38 am

I'm going to keep using that until it's not relevant. Or funny.

chas

Postby chas » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Coach Narduzzi is a guy who is in over his head. He inherited good players from Coach Chryst and he has not shown the ability to recruit kids with the talent to replace his graduating players. He will be gone in a couple years as a steady slide occurs in the Pitt W/L record. He does have the benefit of being in a weak division of the ACC, but that will not save him if he is unable to produce in OCC games like this week and the crossover games with ACC teams in the other division.

Narduzzi desperately needs to show results against Penn State. He caught luck last year with the Lions desperately short at linebacker. He knows that.

Lastly, Narduzzi comes off like a smart ass. The problem for him is he is a dumb ass. His post game comments and his general behavior are not befitting of a headcoach. Other coaches and parents see this in him.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:02 pm

I don't want to come off as too homeristic. However, I think Pitt is in for a very long and very tough afternoon and early evening. Unfortunately for Pitt CJF doesn't seem as compassionate as JVP on terms of not running up the score.

Penn State in a runaway rout.

Penn State 49, Pitt 6.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Nat
I would have put the rivalry up there with OSU-UM, Bama-Auburn, UCLA-USC. I was the end of year game and in the 70s / early 80s both programs were strong (Pitt tapered off late 80s/early 90s through a bunch of coaching changes so rivalry was a little one sided at end). Teams were on field rivals, recruiting rivals and Paterno wasn't fond of a couple of their HCs (especially Jackie Sherrill). You may remember the Pitt grad PA legislator who wanted to make it a law that PSU play Pitt every year.

For me - I want to see PSU whip up on Pitt as much as I want to see them beat UM and OSU.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:38 pm

It wasn't just the early 80s. It was one of the last games of the year when I was there from 87 to 91. Our last 2 games used to be ND and Pitt. I miss playing both those teams to be honest.

I think we are going to kick the snot out of them this year. A lot of these guys will remember last year. I hope this gets ugly early and Franklin never takes his foot off them.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:39 pm

That mid-70s (76?) Pitt team that kicked the crap out of Georgia in the Sugar Bowl to clinch the NC was a great team.

Their HC (Johnny Majors) left to coach his alma mater (Tennessee) right after winning a NC. You don't see that happen often. He came back to PItt in the 90s, but wasn't successful the second time around.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Blue&White wrote:Image

I'm going to keep using that until it's not relevant. Or funny.

As long as they keep winning, you can post this all the live long day, funny or not.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:24 pm

I pity the fools you call Pitt!
Fools- negative 24 points
Pain givers- 127

We are going to annihilate them!!

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm liking us in this one.

That's all I got.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.