Pitt Pre-Game

We Are...2

Re: Pitt Pre-Game

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:28 pm

I would have to say that I agree with most estimates in the score range. I think we have some deep seated bad blood from last year. I don't see that showing until the second, when we have a turn-over that puts the crowd right into it. I think we will see a close first quarter and it opens up. Pitt will have a hard time containing Barkley and when they go to play up - fill the box, McSorley will unload down field. It's a lethal combination that few teams will have the personnel to deal with, Pitt is not one of them.
I look for our D to make some outstanding plays and cause at least 3 turnovers. Again, I think this will be the spark that puts the rout on!
I am hoping that Franklin not only steps on the gas in the second half but pushes the accelerator through the floor!

Pitt (or at least their QB) has no idea the hostile environment they are coming into. Student White-out and revenge are the dishes for the day!It's gonna be LOUD!

FYI: Hamilton gets his revenge for the drop pass last year - a TD or 2
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

JerseyLion

Postby JerseyLion » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:24 pm

I believe the student section requested a full-stadium White Out on Saturday. I got an email from Lions Pride advertising that point while trying to sell white merchandise.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:29 pm

That is even better! 3:30pm juiced up White-Out crowd! Heck yeah!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:00 pm

I have seen some things as well. Coach Franklin isn't using the term 'White Out' I guess because there is only one official one per season or some shit... He has been tweeting about labor day styles that went out in 1990 and even white pants look good all the time; he is also asking for a classy show to the opposition, which comes as no surprise either.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 pm

I just read Pete Fiutak's preview on CFN. It is available here if you are interested:
http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/09/penn-state-vs-pitt-fearless-prediction-game-preview

In short, based on what he has to say he obviously thinks much less of us and much higher of this year's Panther team. Granted, they are probably much better than Akron, but he claimed they took their foot off the gas and let Youngstown back in the game last week. He does predict a Penn State win, but not the epic blowout we are anticipating.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:45 pm

PREDICTION: With a sharper Browne under center, Pitt will be much more creative than it is on film, which will produce plenty of points and a closer game than expected. But Saquon Barkley and company just have too much firepower for an inexperienced defense that still isn’t where it needs to be. Penn State 47, Pitt 41.

Brian Batko, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

I want what he's smokin...If Pitt scores 41 points against this D, I will surrender the keys of the Bandwagon to whoever will take them. I am not big on predictions, however, almost all agree that Pitt scores no more than 14 and PSU scores no less than 40. I think that is a very wise prediction.

Oh, and I am more than happy to let people underestimate this team, remember how well that worked for them last year?

PennState03Chris

Postby PennState03Chris » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:49 pm

If I knew where to lay down a bet, I'd take Penn State as a 19-21 point favorite all day long. Too many are playing up the rivalry thing.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:52 pm

and in the article ( http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/09/ ... e-preview-) this lovely gem...
But the Pitt secondary will be the Pitt secondary. McSorley will bomb away will to make up for Barkley being bottled up a bit.

Anyone else think Barkley will be "bottled up" by Pitt??? If so, I have this bridge I would like to sell...

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:36 pm

I wish we could skip Friday and go straight to Saturday.

Sigh.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:12 am

FYI, Pete Fiutak of CFN absolutely abhors Penn State. He can barely write a word about us without slipping in a reference to the Sandusky Scandal and he is definitely in the population that views the entire university and it's fan base as pedophile enablers and apologists. I used to read the site pretty regularly but have sent my clicks elsewhere as a result of his vitriol towards Penn State.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!