Future Schedules

Shore Lion

Future Schedules

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:25 am

Figured I'd start a thread on this. As everybody knows PSU has upcoming home and away games with Virginia Tech, Auburn and West Virginia. All good and most are happy about that. But today PSU announced other future non-conference opponents. Get read for this: PSU is playing Delaware and Villanova in future seasons. That's in addition to Idaho next year. I thought the BIG had basically agreed to no schedule FCS (I-AA) schools anymore? Idaho was a FBS school when it was scheduled and then dropped down so I can deal with that. But Nova and Delaware? Good god, that's terrible.

sameoldlama

Re: Future Schedules

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:14 pm

It's a joke. My guess is it's driven by $$$$. Given every other year B1? dictates you will have 5 away games that mandates those year PSU will seek all their OOC games be home so they have at least 7 home games. In years they have 5 home B1? games they will need 2 home games. This means you have stagger your home and home series and then the remaining OOC games have to be teams that don't require a return trip. My guess this is in effect a "cheap date". We're sexy again but apparently we'll still go out with someone who will take care of our needs for just the cost of a PB&J sandwich and a PBR pounder
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

pennstate92

Re: Future Schedules

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Ya know, I've gotten to the point that I don't care about the OOC. Every year the BiG Conference slate is a grind, so getting the gimmes early gives the team some momentum (not to mention: my heart a break), along with some time to figure it out. The only way I want to see a ND or USC is in a bowl game or, preferably, the FBS.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.