App State In Game Thread

Underlion

Re: App State In Game Thread

Postby Underlion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Appalachian State Team is leaving the field and PSU fans cheered them. Nice. They played hard, maybe over their heads.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:44 pm

man! I have lost track how many times I turn the radio off only to come back to find State won.

wow

geesh

Good grief...

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Thiat Apo State team is not like the Aoo State that beat Michigan. They are D1 now, I believe, and have a number of pretty big wins for an upstart team. They are not a powerhouse, of course, but they played hard and didn’t give up. We seemed to settle down with a 2 TD lead and that it is in the ass. And made a lot of first game mistakes as well. I am happy for the win, even if it took us till overtime to get it. While I was losing my mind, I prefer to watch a good game rather than a blowout.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:39 pm

The team would have learned nothing about itself in a blowout win. After today, they should have no illusions about what they must do to improve. I'm happy they needed to battle for a win over a skilled, well-coached team. I'm even happier they emerged with a win.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 pm

There used to be a guy around here who won an awful lot of football games. And he used to say that teams improve the most between the first and second game. So I'll hope that is the case this week.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:34 pm

So, left after 3 to go to the movies with the wife. Came home and watched the rest. I'm not going to highlight the obvious or repeat what everyone else said. But I have to comments.

1. Turns out I was not looking forward to football season as much as I thought; and

2. Whoever decided to play Don't Stop Believing when Appalachian State took their last TO during the OT should have their teeth kicked in. Seriously, WTF?
Is it baseball season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:16 am

Blue&White wrote:So, left after 3 to go to the movies with the wife. Came home and watched the rest. I'm not going to highlight the obvious or repeat what everyone else said. But I have to comments.

1. Turns out I was not looking forward to football season as much as I thought; and

2. Whoever decided to play Don't Stop Believing when Appalachian State took their last TO during the OT should have their teeth kicked in. Seriously, WTF?

You seriously left to watch a movie with the wife? Dude!

tempe

Postby tempe » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:48 am

whipped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:06 am

You seriously left to watch a movie with the wife? Dude!

Sure. We saw BlacKKKlansman. Great flick. And, thanks to DVRs I didn't miss a single play. It's like having your cake and eating it too.
Is it baseball season yet?

tempe

Postby tempe » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:44 pm

I think it is more like having your cake and feeding it to your wife and getting to lick the plate after.

could of just rented:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUKRjrtpdo0

you know I'm just kidding