Pitt pre-game thread

Underlion

Re: Pitt pre-game thread

Postby Underlion » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:46 pm

Fumble was close, don't see overturning it.

We didn't catch the ball tonight but special teams handled the rain. And defense played the second half.

An ugly win.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:51 pm

A lot of good things tonight really. But lots to work on as well. But fixable stuff. Trace deserved better stats. So many drops but weather was a factor. Impressed with the defensive adjustments. They put up 51 on a Power 5 team even after making a lot of mistakes themselves. PSU is going to keep getting better. It should be a fun season.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:07 am

Started slow bit I thoroughly enjoyed that.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:02 am

An ugly win.

How can a 51 - 6 victory be called "ugly"? The first half was brutal, and I certainly felt during the game that Pitt was giving it away. But, at the end of the day we won by over 6 TDs.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:42 am

I want a keychain commemorating 51-6.
41-33.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:43 am

Blue&White wrote:An ugly win.

How can a 51 - 6 victory be called "ugly"? The first half was brutal, and I certainly felt during the game that Pitt was giving it away. But, at the end of the day we won by over 6 TDs.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Not to mention it was a road game against a team that saw this game as their Super Bowl.
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:28 am

Well, it was an ugly game. Every time Pitt's special teams took the field, I was expecting Benny Hill music to start playing. If you had missed the game and someone just showed you McSorely's stats, there's no way you'd be thinking "Wow we must have killed them". And no, I'm not implying those stats were all his fault. I lost count of the drops.

So if it was ugly and a win, then I suppose it was an ugly win, in a manner of speaking. That doesn't make it any less lopsided or any less deserved.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:50 am

Ugly weather
Ugly 1st half, I was afraid, Pitt dominated.
Ugly catching the ball...yes it was cool and wet.

At no point did I feel we were dominant. Pitt blew up, Pitt had no passing game to balance the run game.

Good adjustments at half.
Good special teams.
Good score

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 am

Underlion wrote:Ugly weather
Ugly 1st half, I was afraid, Pitt dominated.
Ugly catching the ball...yes it was cool and wet.

At no point did I feel we were dominant. Pitt blew up, Pitt had no passing game to balance the run game.

Good adjustments at half.
Good special teams.
Good score

I agree with all of that. And, I was very frustrated watching that game. But, it is weird calling a blow-out win "ugly".

Defense has to step up a bunch or we are going to get waxed by OSU.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:32 am

I watched our defense, particularly in the first half, and thought "Wisconsin, MSU, and OSU are going to feast on this rush defense".

I'm hoping (with little real evidence to support) that this is a reflection of youth, inexperience, and not playing together a lot yet. But my gut says that we are not talented enough at DT and linebacker to overcome those weaknesses this year. I hope my gut is wrong.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!