Kent State Pregame

Blue&White

Kent State Pregame

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Game starts at noon. Should be a 4 TD lead by the half. Lots of back-ups get time. Kent State puts up some points late in the game, and ends up with 7 or 10 total points. PSU puts up 4 TDs and a FG at the half, leaves the half up 31 - 0 or maybe 31 - 3, Franklin calls the dogs off, and it's closer on the board than the Pitt game was. But, it's never in question.

In-game thread trails off significantly off after the half as we all go on and do other things for our Saturday.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psuro

Re: Kent State Pregame

Postby psuro » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:32 pm

I don't see Kent State as a pushover, but I am not ready to treat this like an easy victory. The team is better than the 4th quarter vs. App State but not as good as 4th quarter vs. Pitt. Pitt gave up, and made it easy for Penn State to look really good. The defense of Penn State is still working things out, but they are probably more athletic than Kent State's offense.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:48 pm

I don’t expect to be able to watch this, or any, game this weekend. Florence seems like she is going to be crashing my neighborhood and I expect power to be gone long before kickoff. I just hope we get it back before next weekend.

I am not overly concerned about the game Saturday, or the storm for that matter, but one never knows.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:58 pm

LioninVa wrote:I don’t expect to be able to watch this, or any, game this weekend. Florence seems like she is going to be crashing my neighborhood and I expect power to be gone long before kickoff. I just hope we get it back before next weekend.

I am not overly concerned about the game Saturday, or the storm for that matter, but one never knows.

Good luck. I've battened down the hatches here in South Carolina, although it looks like the storm's going to hit hardest in Wilmington. Hope it fizzles out in the ocean and turns into nothing more than a late summer squall.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:48 pm

I don't see Kent State as a pushover, but I am not ready to treat this like an easy victory.

Take it from the guy who predicted we'd be playing the cheerleaders mid-way thru the 3rd quarter of the App State game as we rolled to an easy 100 - 3 victory: Kent State game is in the bag.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 pm

This is truly a cupcake game. Kent State is terrible. They were 2-10 last year and 1-1 this year with their win coming against Howard. They lost to Illinois. Which is not an easy thing to do. Hopefully will be a good game to get a lot of the younger guys more comfortable and playing fast and being in position. I'm looking at you Micah Parsons.
Last edited by Shore Lion on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:12 pm

You have to remember psuro was predicting an 0 - 12 season so he has to stick to guns so PSU keeps on winning.

Meanwhile I am on board w/ PSU winning large. I know Pat narduzzi didn't enjoy the 4th QT but I was glad to see a couple 5th yr guys who have worked hard and been loyal to the program score TDs (Polk, Allen) so I hope PSU gets up big early and some guys like that get a good amount of time on the field and make some memories.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:15 pm

I was just reading this thread and thinking about other posters. Has We Are been around yet this season?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:17 pm

No, he has not. Where is our surge of unbridled enthusiasm? And Southern has been on sabatical since early baseball season.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I've been fairly hit or miss this year too - spent two weeks in Florida before Medicare Open Enrollment begins (I'm an insurance agent) - didn't see the Appy State game, but I got to watch the Pitt game. Was an aggravating 1st half, and a fun 2nd half.

I think posting every five seconds and refreshing every 10 has lost its allure. LOL.

And I, for one, think we're gonna win by at least 40 this week.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.