OSU thread

sameoldlama

Re: OSU thread

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 am

Shore Lion wrote:
Gunsmoke17 wrote:If you want a elite program , schedule a non conference elite program game!

Like Alabama?

2018: Louisville, Arkansas State, UL Lafayette and the Citadel
2019: Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss and Western Carolina

That sure is a Murderer's Row.

The B1? mandates 9 conference games - PSU like all major programs wants a minimum of 7 home game for revenue reasons - this means they must alternate having two home OOC games one year and 3 home OOC the next. That menas one home and home series a year - the type any Power 5 opponent would require. Conferences that only have 8 in conference games have a little more flexibility in scheduling.

The current OOC was also set up while PSU was still emerging from sanctions and was looking to just stay alive.

That said PSU does have upcoming series with VaTech and Auburn.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:49 am

I think you missed my point. Or maybe I misunderstood what was originally posted. I was saying that an "elite" non-conference game is not necessary. In fact, the playoff committee apparently rewards you to play a really soft schedule. My point was that Alabama does not exactly challenge itself that often out of conference and why should they if their goal is to to get in the playoff and win a championship?

The whole "Franklin gets into it with a fan" is completely being overblown. A guy said something on Franklin's way off the field. James said "thanks for your input". That was it. He looked like he might have wanted to say something else but he was hustled away. This is much ado about nothing. It wasn't Joe Paterno racing 50 yards after an official. Bobby Knight losing his mind yet again after a game or Jim Mora (playoffs!!!???) or Mike Gundy (I'm a man! I'm 40!). The headlines are ridiculous.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 pm

I missed the incident and read something about it. I guess the account was seriously overblown if that's all that happened.

Btw, I remember Joe running after the ref. was that vs. Michigan in 99? Or OSU in 98? They all run together these days. Joe was in his 60s at that time. Guy always had a lot of spunk.
Is it baseball season yet?

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Blue&White wrote:I missed the incident and read something about it. I guess the account was seriously overblown if that's all that happened.

Btw, I remember Joe running after the ref. was that vs. Michigan in 99? Or OSU in 98? They all run together these days. Joe was in his 60s at that time. Guy always had a lot of spunk.

It was 2002 against Iowa. That and the bullshit call at Michigan the same year when they said Tony Johnson was out of bounds was the catalyst for instant replay. Oh, and Joe was 75 at the time.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:57 pm

The Franklin-fan thing was dumb and overblown, but I was pretty irritated that he was getting heckled in that manner by a supposed Lions fan. Yes, JF should have just ignored it. But at the same time, he should expect some support at home even after a tough loss.

So congrats anonymous Lions fan (who repeatedly professed that he loved JF btw) - you rubbed salt in the wound of our very likeable and successful coach and helped contribute to him being further embarrassed in the national media. You are...

I remember that Paterno sprint well. We got jobbed in that game.

Walt

Postby Walt » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:26 pm

Indiana marched up and down the field on Ohio State’s defense today...in Columbus. Penn State didn’t throw deep enough. Just about every time Indiana three deep they had open receivers. Unfortunately for them their QB overthrew a few and their receivers dropped a few. They completed a handful and OSU had a few pass interfence penalties...enough that late in the 3rd Q it was only a 9 point game.

Gunsmoke17

Postby Gunsmoke17 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:41 am

Irrelevant. PSU should run the table for the remaining season.