OSU thread

PSUgrower

Re: OSU thread

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:30 am

PennState03Chris wrote:
PSUgrower wrote:Anyone watching the JF post conference? tTalking great verses elite. Something must have pissed him off where he is ticked about the tiny things. BTW, he took sole responsibility on the 4th play!

Reading the updates. Glad he's fired up. And, yes, taking care of the little things probably win this game. However, we were up 12 with 8 minutes to play and we folded. Little things or not, we blew it. Just like we did last year in the 'Shoe. Just like we did the season before in the Rose Bowl. Finish the f***ing game, for god-sake.

AGREE COMPLETELY

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:34 am

Tough loss. Tougher for having come so close when I thought it wouldn't be close. I'll leave the recriminations to those who wish to bemoan their fate (as if they had any impact whatsoever on the game other than watching it).

Looking forward to watching a lot of these young guys grow through the rest of the year.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:52 am

Just read PSU is now 5-6 in Whiteout games. :shock:
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

PennState03Chris

Postby PennState03Chris » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:24 am

Crowbar wrote:Just read PSU is now 5-6 in Whiteout games. :shock:

How many losses to Ohio State?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:33 am

Three.
Plus two wins
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 am

I thought when I woke up I'd feel better about this whole thing.

Nope.

Stupid decision not to take the 3. Moronic play call at the end of the game.

:x
Is it baseball season yet?

Gunsmoke17

Postby Gunsmoke17 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:44 am

Franklin loses another big game for the lions, his post game speech are so fake,he is a amateur, GET OBRIEN BACK!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:44 am

Trace talked about the last play and that it was something they had talked about during the week. A guy missed a block. Yeah probably shouldn't have made that call but they did. I still don't bemoan passing up the field goal. The kid is shaky and not reliable. That play call was perfect and Trace missed it. You can't bitch about not finishing games and then get upset when they go for the dagger which that play would have done it. How about Sanders fumble? That led directly to a short field and TD. The tackling was dreadful in the 4th quarter. John Reid looked like a high school freshman trying to make a tackle. Don't forget Polk dropping a wide open pass. That killed the last drive more than anything. I love that Franklin was so pissed. You should read his comments. It was a lot of little things that lost this game. But life goes on and I think the program will be better because of this loss. I'm pissed too but this team can beat everybody left on the schedule. Let's focus on that and going 11-1.
Last edited by Shore Lion on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunsmoke17

Postby Gunsmoke17 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:55 am

Why not put the ball in the hands of your Heisman candidate, ? Then mcsorley defends defends the coaches play call? It's just a box of excuses and psu fans are
drinking the kool-aid

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:39 am

Shore Lion wrote:Trace talked about the last play and that it was something they had talked about during the week. A guy missed a block. Yeah probably shouldn't have made that call but they did. I still don't bemoan passing up the field goal. The kid is shaky and not reliable. That play call was perfect and Trace missed it. You can't bitch about not finishing games and then get upset when they go for the dagger which that play would have done it. How about Sanders fumble? That led directly to a short field and TD. The tackling was dreadful in the 4th quarter. John Reid looked like a high school freshman trying to make a tackle. Don't forget Polk dropping a wide open pass. That killed the last drive more than anything. I love that Franklin was so pissed. You should read his comments. It was a lot of little things that lost this game. But life goes on and I think the program will be better because of this loss. I'm pissed too but this team can beat everybody left on the schedule. Let's focus on that and going 11-1.

Agree 100% on this. No issue with the FG and last call was terrible. But, catch the passes, secure the ball and make a tackle, and this game is over. The play calls mattered, but we lost because of issues that plagued us all year and that many people on this board talked about pre-game.

An observation though - I used to go into these games praying that our team would have the game of their life, get a few calls and pull an upset. Now I often go in expecting our team to play up to their stats and win the game because they are better (albeit perhaps not this game). The talent gap has closed and now we have to make three more plays a game and we win these frequently. Clemson was here not too long ago. We will get there soon. We are...one step away...