Sparty Thread

tempe

Re: Sparty Thread

Postby tempe » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

First loss to unranked team since 2009

Gunsmoke17

Postby Gunsmoke17 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 am

What a good football game,with that said it did seem obvious that PSU is a much more talented team than MSU, but there seems to be a huge disconnect between the coaching staff knowing their players and bringing the best out of them. IT'S time for coach F to start coaching and quit the cheeleading!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:34 am

It was a gorgeous fall day yesterday. First one of the year. So, rather than waste it inside my wife and I took the dogs and checked out the October Fest set up out at Peddlers Village. I recorded the game and went out and enjoyed the awesome weather. Grabbed a pint from a local brewery while we walked around, people petted the dogs, we bought a couple of sweaters on sale and generally enjoyed the first real day of autumn. The leaves are changing, the air had the first tinges of that crispness in the air -- it was just a great day all around.

I've got nothing to add to that game, btw. I watched it. It sucked. Life goes on. This is a young team and I expected to lose a few heart breakers this year. I think the OSU loss took a lot out of the whole team - both coaches and players. I still think Franklin is a good coach (but not yet a great coach) and he's our best option. I was looking at the PSU Facebook forums last night after I watched the game and I was mildly surprised by the number of people screaming for him to be fired. Whatever.

Next Saturday I've got a college tour planned with my son. I'll record the Indiana game and watch it when I get home. Hopefully that one goes a little better than this one did.
Is it baseball season yet?

tempe

Postby tempe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:08 am

I don't know BW - if you are not going to suffer with the group in real time, some may take issue. The idea of PSU football not consuming your Saturdays and the days proceeding and following, the idea of you having a life filled with other enjoyments, might chafe some. You could find your board status diminished. just sayin.

enjoy your sweaters - all here will assume they are licensed PSU gear.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:19 am

Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 am

tempe wrote:I don't know BW - if you are not going to suffer with the group in real time, some may take issue. The idea of PSU football not consuming your Saturdays and the days proceeding and following, the idea of you having a life filled with other enjoyments, might chafe some. You could find your board status diminished. just sayin.

enjoy your sweaters - all here will assume they are licensed PSU gear.

It is odd to me, too. I never envisioned a time when PSU wins and losses would not consume every fiber of my being. It was not that long ago that I could not even contemplate recording a game and watching it later while I gasp! went outside and enjoyed the weather. And, the sweater I bought wasn't even a PSU sweater. It was just an ordinary, green sweater!

Maybe I need to seek some professional health over this. I think something is suddenly right with me.
Is it baseball season yet?

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:27 pm

A few thoughts.

Two weeks ago, James Franklin made a grandiose speech about how we're a great program, but not yet an elite one. He went on to say that (and I'm paraphrasing) it would not be easy, as a matter of fact it would be uncomfortable. But that he was going to do everything in his power to turn PSU into an elite program.

Based upon his substitutions, and the number of frosh and red shirt frosh that rotated in and out yesterday, I believe that CJF is getting this team ready for next year. I think he's willing to lose a couple of game in effort to make sure the young guys are ready next season. And I don't think he gives a damn what the alumni, the trustees or the fans have to say about it.

That said, I don't think he's purposely losing...but he's using some of his good will cache in effort to purposefully get the team ready to take that next step.

My tuppence, which is about what it's worth. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, all.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Gunsmoke17 wrote:What a good football game,with that said it did seem obvious that PSU is a much more talented team than MSU, but there seems to be a huge disconnect between the coaching staff knowing their players and bringing the best out of them. IT'S time for coach F to start coaching and quit the cheeleading!!

Any exact examples in the game that show JF was a shitty coach yesterday. I wrote last night that this loss was strictly due to the players not getting it done. I've given it some thought and my opinion has not changed at all.

Gunsmoke17

Postby Gunsmoke17 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:23 pm

WE ARE WE ARE CHOKE STATE!! I respect your opinion

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 pm

I want to add that there was 1 holding call that was absolute bullshit. It was a 3rd down play and resulted in a 1st down. MSU scored on that drive. It was a huge call because MSU was going to punt. There was another call that was BS too but I cannot remember the exact circumstances of that call