Sparty Thread

PittGradPSUMad

Re: Sparty Thread

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am

Beware of what you wish for. I got rid of mine ten years ago....it was totally restored but still turned into a bottomless money pit. So here is what will happen when Tempe's MGB leaves the warm, dry air of Arizona where road salt serves no purpose and lands in the harsh environs of Massachusetts: it will begin to disentegrate immediately upon arrival and turn into a rusty heap of metal and bad Lucas wiring before your very eyes. And those will be the good days. It's all downhill from there.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:46 am

You don't see a lot of rag tops (of any kind) around here. They're not practical for every-day use. Those who own them treat them as expensive "toys". My neighbor has an old/restored Alfa Romeo two-seater, but it never sees the light of day in the winter. It stays in the garage covered with a tarp.

He and his wife never had children, so he can afford a mechanical money pit.
Klaatu barada nikto

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 am

psu_dad wrote:Ok - fine - maybe I'll die on the can - just like Elvis. :roll:

Can I have your MGB?

Can I have the place in Tempe? I'll carry a pic of you in the MG in the Tucson All Souls Parade so your efforts to restore that baby are never forgotten
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

tempe

Postby tempe » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 pm

outside Ouray Colorado. Drove from Tempe to Warren, PA. - without a spare - twice.

scan0005.jpg

House and car come with old wife / caretaker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 am

Love it, Tempe. Upon seeing the pic of your car, I had a momentary twinge of regret that I sold my B. Then I remembered the smoldering residue of the barrels of money I saw go up in smoke. I am at peace.

psuro

Postby psuro » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 am

Jumped on the Sparty thread five days after the game, and the discussion has turned to convertibles.....nice.

That said, I am still pretty pissed about the game - for the sake of one defensive turnover, PSU would be 10 to 11 spots higher in the polls.

ONE.
DEFENISVE
TURNOVER.

JUST.
ONE.

:x :x :x

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:59 am

This is why we're discussing convertibles.
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:19 am

Speaking of which, while that's a pretty enough blue, I prefer Hunter green with a natural leather interior. Perhaps tempe could take care of that before he does the Elvis/toilet thing. TYVM.
Klaatu barada nikto

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 am

Snow on the mountains in background - top down on the car - the beauty of the West and a true commitment to the top down life. Nothing better than driving the open road open air.

In Arizona I took the top of my Jeep in April and put in back up in November. This summer because of rain it was up and down more almost every other day.

tempe
I've had an internship taking care on my Mom - watching Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and the Andy Griffith show one night a week included. You will just need to lower her expectations when it comes to all the handyman and car building stuff.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:15 am

tempe wrote:outside Ouray Colorado. Drove from Tempe to Warren, PA. - without a spare - twice.

scan0005.jpg

House and car come with old wife / caretaker

Tempe, is the B painted the official British royal blue or did you customize? I liked all the original colors except for popsicle orange....didn't work for me.