Iowa Thread

PSUgrower

Re: Iowa Thread

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Apparently he played in 1 game so far. I think he means he can appear in 3 more?

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:17 pm

A day later it looks better. After that start and the weather PSU could have given up. Firentz coached like he knew we had the horses to come back, 4th and goal at the 10 and he goes for it. Fake punt... Just and odd Iowa game.

Juwan Johnson did not have a catch. Don't remember him dropping any. He was to be the leader.

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 am

Couple of notes, Shorter was hurt for most of preseason and appears to be getting back to full health but I'm guessing they don't want to burn the redshirt this late in the year. Johnson got hurt in Indiana, played maybe a series or so against Iowa but apparently wasn't a full go.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:10 am

I think the real takeaway here is we won. We've lost so many games like that the past few years it's nice to have the win.

As for the rest, Iowa is a decent team. We beat them. I'm ok with it.
Is it baseball season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:42 am

Prior to game, I had no expectation of a win over Iowa. Following the disastrous first quarter, I expected the loss to be lopsided. How nice it is to have been wrong. Despite some knuckle-headed game management (read questionable coaching decisions), I am more optimistic heading into the final stretch. We should beat Wisconsin, but a win over Michigan is much in doubt.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:40 am

Maybe it was the benefit of beer and bar full of PSU fans but eher's what I saw Saturday

I saw some upperclassman who have had up and down years come up big in the win - Reid and Scott making game changing INTs and Thompkins making catches to move chains. Good for them.

I saw a brilliant move by CJF to tell his kicker who has struggled from distance - 'go out and take a practice kick, we will call time out". He didn't ice his own kicker - you don't think that was planned. Pinegar then nails two more 40+ FGs in shit conditions.

I saw guys who have been lock down for the last several years (Gilliken, long snapper) struggle early but come through late in the game to help PSU control field position

I saw a team that continues to fight through adversity and play hard in tight games.

I saw our back up QB provide two scores and keep team in game when the heart and soul of the team went down.

I saw the guy who will be remembered for being the guts of PSU's resurgence go down, get encouragement from his Dad leaning down to hug him from the stands and then come back out and just as announcers are saying he can't run - he rips off a 50 yard TD run to totally shift momentum. That's almost out of TV Movie of the week script.

I saw a crazy, entertaining game - that PSU won against a good program.

I keep hearing about the 4th QT leads lost - how many games was PSU trailing in 2nd half where they came back and won in last three years? OSU, UW B1? championship, Minnesota, App State, Iowa last year. They haven't gotten them all but PSU has been in every game but one for the last 35 games - would anyone have predicted that at the start of 2016 season?
PSU has the right coach, they are getting the right players, things are going great and they are going to get even better.

Enjoy the prosperity boys!
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Watched the game on DVR yesterday.

My favorite part: the sarcastic crowd cheer later in the game for every successful long snap and un-blocked punt.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:01 pm

We Are.....young. And will on only get better. That is our hope, dude.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:02 pm

We Are.....young. And will on only get better. That is our hope, dude.