Michigan Thread

PSUgrower

Michigan Thread

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:17 pm

I will give it a try for Chas but who knows how it will turn out:

Coach Franklin is strolling through the State College on the way to his office but he needs a pit stop, "Ahhh, these Jamba Juice smoothies never get old. This is just what I need to rejuvenate my body and mind after a tough win. Man, Trace is tha man! Stay focussed on the task, how do I rally these kids this week?! Seriously though, Trace just sent himself into PSU lore! I can't remember a time where a player looked completely down and out and then came back to lead their team to victory. And that 51 yd run in the 3rd quarter was amazing. Stay focussed! We are struggling to play smart. They are doing dumb stuff. Can't snap the ball to the punter, fumbles, stupid penalties, and tackling in the open. We will work on this week and I take full responsibility for this because this is my team! Okay, let look at the good. Reid, that kid looked like the ol' Reid! I think he is back. And how about Yetur Gross-Matos, damn, that kid had a helluva game. He has another year so the future looks bright! Micah is starting to come on too. Damn, he leads our team in tackles! I would like to see Shareef be a leader on the defensive side of the ball but he needs to step up a bit. He has a great motor but I need more big plays outta him.I will talk to him privately this week! And Cam, he just wants to rip someone's head off. I love his aggressiveness, but he needs to calm down. The defense played fantastic! The 4th down TD play where the QB laid a perfect ball in to the hands of Brincks. That was just tough luck! We shut down the best TE duo in the country! We are young! Maybe these kids are starting to mature. Stay focussed on a way to motivate these kids."

JF walks into his furnished office and just stares at the Nittany Lion that sits above a book shelf, "How do I motivate these kids? Okay, lets think about what the offense did in the game. They competed and I keep coming back to Trace! Trace! Trace. Man, that kid just gets it done! The offensive line was solid. It was not perfect but it worked. Miles, he is special but he needs to turn up the field to get a few yards instead of bouncing it outside. Turn up young man and hit someone hard to get a few yards! Tha WR core, I am baffled that they can't catch the ball! Where was JJ in the game? On the plus side, Hamlin is ridiculous, Thomkins might break out of his funk, and Tommy Stevens showed what will happen next year- the future continues to be bright!. We need to get Hamlin the ball more! I will talk to Ricky in a few hours once we start to discuss the game. Pinegar!!!! Pinegar!!! That kid was spot on last night and he needed it! And Trace... man, this kid is exactly what Penn State represents. The fans love him and his teammates will run through the wall for him!" JF struts over to his desk with a smile on his face as he falls into his plush ergonomic desk chair.

Rubbing his bald head the coach's mind starts to descramble his thoughts into a coherent singular thought, "I got it. 2 years ago this team went into Ann Arbor and got annihilated! Everyone wrote them off. some students, some fans, and some very important people in State College were questioning if I could lead this group of young men to the next level. The team responded by not losing another game the entire year! The team and staff came together during halftime and tore apart offensives and defensives in quarters 3 and 4. USC never happened. If we want to play on the New Year's Six then we need this win. I will remind them about December 6th, 2016. I remember seeing Trace, the juniors, and seniors with a disgusted look on their face as they witnessed OSU getting the nod over us to go to the College Football Playoff National Championship was a tough pill to swallow. I want those leaders to go back to that date. We are heading into the Lion's den again and I need those vets to step up in this one. I think I am going to let Trace give this speech. He deserves it and I know he is going to get these young men prepared to run through a wall. I will give him some pointers that I want him to hit, but then I will release him to tha dawgs! I love these kids!"

JF looks down at his Jamba Juice and chuckles, "you never let me down but life is good. I couldn't ask for a better family, a fantastic fan base, a greater group of young men, and all the positive comments on Nittanyfootball.com! Life is good!" as JF takes his last pulls from his blue straw and leans back with a smirk on his face!

Salud Chas!
Last edited by PSUgrower on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shane

Re: Michigan Thread

Postby Shane » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Great job grower, I always looked forward to this post from Chas. Only note, Gross Matos is a sophomore and we may only have him one more year.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm

I thought I heard the announcers say he was a true freshman. They must have been talking about someone else. Anyway, thanks for the info- it is changed

Shane

Postby Shane » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Here’s a stat that has to be a PSU record. PSU has had a 4th quarter lead in 31 straight games. That just seems crazy to me.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:30 pm

Nice job, Grower. Chas would have enjoyed that.

I am not predicting this one because I have a bad feeling.
Is it baseball season yet?

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 am

It's all about momentum. PSU is a much better team than they were two years ago when they rolled into Ann Arbor. Michigan is better with Patterson than the QBs they had last year but they are still rather simple on offense. Iowa was supposed to have a great offensive line and PSU actually handled them pretty well for most of the game. Michigan does have a really good defense but they were good last year too and PSU matched up well with them. And this year the PSU offensive line IS better than it was last year. It will be a very tough road environment playing a team that they embarrassed last year on national TV but I certainly think PSU can play them close and see what happens.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:42 am

Somebody needs to reach out to We Are - this board needs him this week.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

tempe

Postby tempe » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 pm

I do not think there is any question we come out and dominate the game from the get-go. Michigan is going to be looking at their sideline for Urban. The bounces go our way and a turn over goes for a touchdown. We fire on all cylinders and the team looks like the team we know they can be. No way we lose this game. How's that?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:48 am

Michigan is usually good for 1 major choke job per year. Don't think it happens this weekend though. :x

Michigan 34, Penn State 17.
41-33.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:52 am

Get with the program Crow - tempe and grower are calling this a W - as part of my adoption of bandwagoning I am jumping on - PSU gets biggest road win of CJF era to date

PSU 31 UM 17
PSU 31 UM 17
PSU 31 UM 17
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall