Maryland thread

LioninVa

Re: Maryland thread

Postby LioninVa » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Underlion wrote:
PSUgrower wrote:We just need Notre Dame to lose! How I hate the Irish!! Notre Dame University, not like the people of Ireland

Then OSU gets in? OSU may be the best team left out. Maybe they can both mis the dance :lol:

I was watching the end of the game, enjoy my pork chop dinner, thinking that we need ND to lose for Ohio State to have a chance. Now, I have admitted that the Irish are my second favorite team (I realize this is a crime and fully expect added time in purgatory. So be it; I am going g to help anyway because i had a vasectomy.) Then I thought again. Why do I care if a B1G team other than us is invited to the party, other than to get smoked? I mean, it might be more $$$ for the conference, but what have they done for us?

I would love to see the vicinity win big next week and get left out. Maybe then the B1G would bitch enough and get the 4 expanded to 8. That would be good for college football, I think.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:32 am

Senior day, 21 Seniors we will not see again. 3 good years but I'm surprised how we list maybe 4 we will mis, I mean that had significant production. That is low, is it not? Still a result of the dark years?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:24 am

Had plans last night so didn't watch the 2nd half until this morning - pauses so tempe can take a (well deserved) shot at me

Thought they kids looked great. Nice to see Johnson back in action. If he can find a way to a) stay healthy and b) not drop balls, he can be a beast and will have a career at the next level. But, those are two big hurdles for him.

Stevens looks good at QB but that is really in mop up duty against a beaten squad. But, for a big guy he is pretty mobile and that should help.

Sanders needs another year in my opinion, but if he leaves I think Slade can pick up that job and we won't miss a beat.

Someone said earlier in this thread who do we think from the underclassmen will leave? Only kid I can think of that may go is Miller, and I honestly don't think that will work out well for him. He needs another year in my opinion and needs to work on his motor. But, he has the making of a great player. It feels like he is always at the cusp. Hope he comes back.

Parsons gets better each week. He looked lost in September but looking forward to seeing him play 11 games next year.

A good day and a solid win. Happy for the seniors to go out at home like that. Can't wait to see what bowl we get.
Is it baseball season yet?

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 am

Can't wait to see what bowl we get.

Really? I'm surprised you care - not knocking you, but that seems different than your usual take, enough so that I actually posted to point it out.

:lol:
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Bowl location matters to many as location often dictates the type of sprite peddlers out pimping their wares.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 am

pennstate92 wrote:
Can't wait to see what bowl we get.

Really? I'm surprised you care - not knocking you, but that seems different than your usual take, enough so that I actually posted to point it out.

:lol:

Huh. Not sure when I ever said I don't care about us being in bowl games or which one it is. I've always been, and will be, a Penn State football fan. I follow it less than I once did, but that doesn't mean I don't care or have any interest any more. I mean, I still watch every game.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:59 am

Based on results of Pitt and Maryland games I'd say of we had only played every game in a torrential downpour we'd be ranked #1. Had to be the worst weather year in recent memory.

Great way to go out for the seniors game wise - shame the weather / holiday impacted attendance.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:23 pm

That was easily the least attended game from start to finish I've ever been to. The weather (and the drive up) was miserable, 3 losses and Thanksgiving break were the perfect storm for less than stellar attendance. But still nice support for the team. I was pretty stunned that Canada stuck to the jet sweeps after it because obvious that PSU had worked on that a lot. Just because he had success with it two years ago at Pitt doesn't mean the other guy will concede the play. Kudos to the defensive staff for having the guys ready.

One general observation is that while obviously Maryland has a few very good players with speed, McFarland for example, across the board the Terps looked very slow compared to PSU. That speaks to depth and focus in recruiting. McSorely aside, this team returns a lot next year. Hopefully Franklin won't cock it up too bad with dumb in-game decisions. Man, how did PSU lose to Michigan State? That one really bugs me, even more than OSU. No way that game should have been lost.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 pm

I don't know how Maryland hung with OSU given how bad they looked this past weekend. I'm just assuming that that OSU game completely took the wind out of their sails.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:16 am

I think the OSU game was part of it but more than anything I believe it was OSU looking past Maryland to Michigan.