Bowl Game Projection Thread

Shore Lion

Re: Bowl Game Projection Thread

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:36 am

Yeah, this whole "no one respects us" is getting old. 12 is just about right. Beat MSU and things are just fine but PSU choked that away to a really inferior opponent.

Honestly I think I'm actually leaning more toward wanting them to play in the Citrus Bowl because it's actually on NEW YEAR'S DAY! That's what that day is supposed to be for.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:40 am

Blue&White wrote: One thing I hate about all the bowl tie-ins is it takes away the opportunity for a lot of match-ups.

A-effing-men.

Not falling that way this year but there were years that a UM or ND match up could have occurred - teams PSU has a history with that would have been nice match ups even if they were not playoff bowls. I think if you are a fan considering going to a game you need either a very desirable location or a match up that promises an exciting game or an opponent you enjoy seeing you team beat. And for whatever reason I rather see PSU beat Texas or WVU than say Kentucky or Washington State.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Citrus vs Kentucky.
Is it baseball season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:48 pm

"very exciting," he said in a monotone that bordered on a whisper.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shane

Postby Shane » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Should be favored to win at least. That would be 10 wins and the first time it happened 3 straight years since 1980-82

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:13 pm

I was hoping for a New Year’s Eve game. The wifey and I will be in Cleveland (ugggh) for my cousins wedding the evening of the 31st and fly home new year day so she can go back to teaching the 2nd. We will miss the first half of the game if weather is good, but I am not overly worried about the game. I’m not even convinced Kentucky knows this is an 11 player game...

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:07 pm

A New Year's Eve game was never a possibility. And Kentucky is pretty good this year. It's fine. PSU didn't win the BIG or get in the playoff. So use the practices to prepare for next year and get that 10th win. Winning 10 or more games three years in a row is a big deal. And it is an SEC opponent so there's that.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:14 am

One thing I haven't seen anyone talking about (at least that I'm aware of) is the relative genius move of the Big 12 to have a championship game even though they don't have divisions. IF Oklahoma isn't able to avenge their only loss to Texas I think we're having a different conversation about the four playoff teams this morning.

psuro

Postby psuro » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 am

If UGA had won, then all of this would be moot and PSU is in the Peach Bowl. Clemson #1, ND #2, UGA #3, and Bama #4.

That said, I believe the dropped int vs. MSU by Amani is the one play (if we had to pick one play) that affected this season more than any other - if he had held on, PSU defeats MSU, keeps the #8 ranking even after the annihilation by UM. Florida would have dropped out of the top 12 and we would be in a NY6 bowl.