Georgia State Pre-Game

Crowbar

Re: Georgia State Pre-Game

Postby Crowbar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Damn, that's right. I wonder if he makes it through the year.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 pm

We all knew that this was going to be a "weak" week for PSU hype going into this game, thus, I am just posting some rather fun facts that may have gone unnoticed.

Fun Fact #1:
Penn State's punt return defense has netted 0.0 yards allowed in the first two games, good enough to tie for the Big Ten lead and rank sixth in FBS.
P Blake Gillikin had a career-best four punts inside the 20-yard line against Pitt. Previously, he had three punts inside the 20 twice last season.
Gillikin's 44.9-yard average ranks fourth in the Big Ten and 22nd in FBS.

Fun Fact #2
Penn State is averaging 20.1 yards per punt return to rank 10th in FBS and second in the Big Ten.
Punt returner DeAndre Thompkins leads the Big Ten and ranks fifth in the nation with an average of 22.6 yards per return.

Fun Fact #3
According to cfbstats.com, Penn State is among the national and Big Ten leaders in "chunk plays" of 20 yards or more.
Penn State ranks in the top-25 nationally in plays of 20, 30, 60 or 80 or more yards. Penn State is the only team in the Big Ten with an 80-yard play this season.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:41 am

So, the wife and I switched providers last spring to upgrade internet and cut costs. BTN is an optional upgrade, I believe. Does anyone have suggestions for streaming the game? I don't know much about how that works or what it costs compared to a package upgrade vs available channels. My tv is not wifi enabled so I would need an additional device like roku or something. And that is the extent of my knowledge.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:43 pm

You're are correct that you'd need another device. Laptop or iPad should be fine. Anything with the big ten app or a web browser.

Unfortunately, you'll need a big ten network or cable provider (if the network is part of your package) password to watch the game. Have a friend send you theirs. Multiple people can usually watch at once.

Your other alternative is to watch an unauthorized stream. This just involves googling until you find one and is often unreliable. SB Nation sometimes lists unauthorized sites that work for particular games.

Check the espn360 listing also. Not sure if game is simulcast there

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:16 pm

For a device, I suggest a simple chromecast. All it does is allow you to take whatever it is you are streaming on one device and put it on your TV (this assumes your TV has at least a USB port to plug into). We do this all the time with Netflix. I don't have a Netflix app on my TV so I run it off my phone and cast it to the TV. Works great.

To get the game, I think the find an unauthorized stream is the way to go.

PennState03Chris

Postby PennState03Chris » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Blue&White wrote:For a device, I suggest a simple chromecast. All it does is allow you to take whatever it is you are streaming on one device and put it on your TV (this assumes your TV has at least a USB port to plug into). We do this all the time with Netflix. I don't have a Netflix app on my TV so I run it off my phone and cast it to the TV. Works great.

To get the game, I think the find an unauthorized stream is the way to go.

Chromecast is great.

For a quick cheat, depending on where you're located, sign up for a free 1 month trial of YouTube TV. They carry BTN.

As for this game, it is what it is. PSU did a summer camp at GSU a few years ago, and this game resulted from that relationship. GSU lost to Tennessee State 17-10 in their only game thus far this season. I'm going with BDub's Mr T. pic prediction.

On the plus side, there is a small but very talented group of 2018, 2019 and 2020 recruits slated to be in town for the game.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:32 pm

WE ARE!