Re: Office Holiday Meal/Lunch

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:34 am

:lol:

Fantastic. Tempe wins.
Is it baseball season yet?

psuro

Postby psuro » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:24 am

I find pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats.

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:47 pm

As someone who works on the opposite side of the this preparing the food for corporate lunches it's a pain. Anyway lots of hoagie trays, caesar salads, chicken cutlets, baked ziti, meatballs, cannolis and cookies. It's been a hectic holiday season with still a week to go. Ho ho ho

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:08 am

We have a holiday luncheon each year that is kind of a pot-luck. Everyone either brings something or contributes money and we have a retired teacher who makes pulled pork, meatballs, sandwich stuff.

However, because there are three separate lunches at the High School (A-lunch, B-lunch, and C-lunch) people seem to find their way down early to ensure they get the best of what's there (I know, people really suck) and so C-lunch often gets to scrape the bottom of dishes.

One of my colleagues had an idea to order some Chik-Fil-A chicken nuggets and to get enough people to order them for all three lunches. The plan was to keep a tray for each lunch in the warmer and only set out one for each of the three lunches. Well, myself and a number of other people who chipped in extra and bought the nuggets arrived at C-lunch and low and behold, not a nugget in sight. Thus began "Nugget-gate."

For reference, I am the new math department chair who followed a woman named Sue Cogs who is basically the Mother Theresa of Math and retired two years back.

Here is the schoolwide email that was sent:

Friends,

Before this gets out of control, I feel it is a necessity that I apologize and address a controversy that took place today during our holiday lunch. What I had assumed would be enough nuggets for the staff luncheon today proved to be, much like our math department chair, woefully inadequate. While in the grand scheme of things this may seem like a rather trivial thing to get upset about, several members of our staff have reached out to me regarding this issue. I ask that going forward you:

- Please refrain from attacking my wife and daughters – the nugget shortage was not their fault
- Please stop calling my room and hanging up. There is a dual enrollment class in there currently and Mr. Waldo was uninvolved in the nugget decision making process
- Please put yourself in my shoes and try to calculate how many nuggets it is reasonable to assume that Ben Yoder would eat in a single sitting

Going forward I’m proposing that we take several steps to insure this doesn’t happen in 2019.

1. Ban all long term subs from the faculty dining room until we can figure out what the hell is going on
2. Limit the amount of lunches that phys. ed. teachers are able to attend to two (2) per day

Finally, because it is the season where we are supposed to be thinking of others, I have arranged a school visit from teachers at an urban school that have a much worse faculty holiday party than we do in the hopes that it may provide a little perspective for our staff.

I look forward to hearing your positive feedback regarding my solutions to this problem. As always, thanks to Sue Cogs (who has already started cooking for the retirement luncheon) and Chris Lloyd who volunteered his day so that we may all enjoy each other’s company and maybe if we’re lucky, a nugget or two.

Respectfully,

Maida

Needless to say, the initial email sent off a flurry of replies from the people named in said email. Usually email is obnoxious but this was an enjoyable Friday afternoon before a holiday. It is a real blessing to work with people you like.

At any rate, I hope the Holiday met everyone well and that they are enjoying time with family and friends.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

tempe

Postby tempe » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 am

geesh - what a bunch of perverts.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Anyway lots of hoagie trays, caesar salads, chicken cutlets, baked ziti, meatballs, cannolis and cookies.

I was at my son's home in West Chester for 4 days and at some point, I had every single item on that list, except the hoagie. :lol:

There's a local place (Carlino's) that makes a great caesar salad dressing. My son picks up a container for us whenever we visit. We can't have it often because judging by the ingredients I suspect it has 17,000 calories per tbsp.
Klaatu barada nikto

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:27 am

psu_dad wrote:Anyway lots of hoagie trays, caesar salads, chicken cutlets, baked ziti, meatballs, cannolis and cookies.

I was at my son's home in West Chester for 4 days and at some point, I had every single item on that list, except the hoagie. :lol:

There's a local place (Carlino's) that makes a great caesar salad dressing. My son picks up a container for us whenever we visit. We can't have it often because judging by the ingredients I suspect it has 17,000 calories per tbsp.

There is almost always an inverse correlation between things that taste really good and how healthy they are. A cruel reality of the human condition. Hahaha.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:26 am

And speaking of Chik-Fil-A chicken nuggets, a few years ago my son's MIL brought a ginormous tray of them over to his house for a family gathering. I thought that was odd. I kept that to myself of course, but I thought of chicken nuggets as kid's food. I had never had Chik-Fil-A before.

Jeezus ... those little suckers are friggin delicious.
Klaatu barada nikto

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:32 pm

psu_dad wrote:And speaking of Chik-Fil-A chicken nuggets, a few years ago my son's MIL brought a ginormous tray of them over to his house for a family gathering. I thought that was odd. I kept that to myself of course, but I thought of chicken nuggets as kid's food. I had never had Chik-Fil-A before.

Jeezus ... those little suckers are friggin delicious.

Yes, those little chicken nuggets from Chick-Fil-A are truly divine.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994