If you could change the result of one Penn St. game, which one?

saturdaysarebetter

If you could change the result of one Penn St. game, which one?

Postby saturdaysarebetter » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:43 pm

If you could change the result of one Penn State game in history, which one would you choose? What would be or possibly be the short and/or long-term ramifications of that?

I'm going to go with the '79 Sugar Bowl loss to Alabama. A national championship for Penn State, three years sooner than recognized for the '82 team. However, having climbed to the mountain top of college football, would Joe have had greater interest in the NFL?

One might say, the '86 Orange Bowl against Oklahoma but then do all those players come back in 1986 to win the national championship against Miami?

Your choice?

psuro

Re: If you could change the result of one Penn St. game, which one?

Postby psuro » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:34 am

I would have to go with the 1979 Sugar Bowl, simply because it was the one that ate up Joe for such a long time. And, Joe had his flirtation with the NFL - so he was not going to go anywhere.

If I could change the result of one game that affected PSU the most, I would go with the 1995 Miami-Nebraska Orange Bowl. Damn you Frank Costa. Damn you to hell.

saturdaysarebetter

Re: If you could change the result of one Penn St. game, which one?

Postby saturdaysarebetter » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Excellent answer psuro. I guess if there was a topic what one game that didn't involve Penn State would you like to change, that would most likely be it.

Notre Dame beating Texas in the '70 Cotton Bowl so the 1969 team being national champions would have to be up there as well.