Sandusky: final twitches

Blue&White

Re: Sandusky: final twitches

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Did anyone watch the HBO "Paterno" movie?

No chance, Lance. And, for much the same reasons you list.

From what I understand, it is basically about the reporting of Sara Gamin and her quest for the stories that she wrote on the whole Sandusky fiasco. A lot of PSU people despise her and consider her to have been very anti-Paterno. I'm not going to go there, but will simply say I know what angle she took when she reported on the story originally, people can have varied opinions on the whole thing, and I have zero interest in subjecting myself to the whole story again. I remember it well. I know how awful the whole thing was. I see no reason to relive it.

I did see one critique of the movie one one of the PSU sites and it complained about a number of petty factual errors. Things like the statute, that they were serving beer in the stadium during the season (which was not allowed at that time and is a very recent development apparently), that they had the chipmunk logo out when it wasn't introduced yet, etc. Just the kind of crap that has no real substance and PSU people were, predictably, howling about how that was "proof" that HBO didn't do their homework.

Maybe at some point I'll have the stomach to sit through it but, right now, I have zero interest. I watched them kill Joe once. I don't need to see a reenactment.
#Emmertknew

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:25 pm

They sell beer at stadium during football games now? I was at a game 2015 season and don't recall beer sales. Surprised to hear it a bit but I guess eventually the siren call of more $$$ always wins out.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:30 pm

That's what I read. First I heard of it was in that review.
#Emmertknew

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:34 pm

The only alcohol sold in the stadium is in some of the suites. Not for us peons.